Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blints94
What's DOS?
Views: 2,670
Message 1 of 5

G500s BIOS update problem

Hello,

i'm using f1 - f12 keys very often so i decided to update my bios. My actual version is V1.05 and i download new version from lenovo page: http://support.lenovo.com/pl/pl/downloads/ds036474 When i want to instal, program shows my version of bios and version that would be instaled. But after 2 seconds it shows me window with message:  BIOS is not for your Notebook PC. Anyone knows how to update my bios in this case? 

jasongetpcfix
Paper Tape
Views: 2,582
Message 2 of 5

Re: G500s BIOS update problem

have same issue here,  its stopping kaspersky from stopping screen shot software/virus. installed win 7 on a new hdd to try, same result. Also should add im a computer tech 13 years experince so... Lenovo???

tcptraveller
Paper Tape
Views: 2,491
Message 3 of 5

Just wondering if you ever figured out how to install the new bios?  I am having the same issue as well.  

ltmerritt73
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,389
Message 4 of 5

Get this update. I've been trying to find the solution to this all morning! After it kept telling me that the bios was incorrect for my g500s touch, I went looking for answers. 

L. Merritt

Mingo Co, WV baby!!

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,813
Message 5 of 5

The correct version of BIOS update has been published recently. It can be found here - BIOS Update for Windows 8.1

Regards,

Pavlo

Pavlo Antalovtsi
Community Manager

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors