Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savenasurana
Blue Screen Again
Views: 673
Message 1 of 6

G500s Battery not charging

Hi there! I only got my Lenovo G500s three months ago, and the battery isn't working properly. I'm not sure what happened but a few days ago it just stopped chargining and now I have to keep it plugged in it at the mains to keep it on. The battery icon in the corner still says that it is chargining, it just never goes beyond 0%. What should I do?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 654
Message 2 of 6

Re: G500s Battery not charging

Hi Savenasurana,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with battery not charging in your G500s laptop.

Try to install the energy management and check for the issue, uninstall the Microsoft ACPI driver and check for the issue. Check if the battery has been seated properly.

Click here for the energy management for windows 7.

Click here for the energy management for windows 8.

Click here for the energy management for windows 8.1.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

savenasurana
Blue Screen Again
Views: 646
Message 3 of 6

Hi there Ashwin

I tried doing that and installed energy managment, butit's telling me that the battery status is good and that it is chargining. I have also tried the Battery Gauge Test but that doesn't seem to be doing anything. 

I'm not too sure what to do now :/

Savena 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 639
Message 4 of 6

Hi Savenasurana,

Thanks for the reply.

In the energy management please select the battery mode as “Maximum battery life” and check for the issue, if still the issue persists then try to reinstall the operating system and check for the issue.

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

savenasurana
Blue Screen Again
Views: 620
Message 5 of 6

Hi Ashwin.S

Unfortunately I have been unable to resolve this issue and the battery is now not charging at all and an error sign is appearing that my battery is fake, when I did in fact buy it from a legitament buyer in store. What steps should I take next?

Thanks

Savena 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 609
Message 6 of 6

Hi Savenasurana,

Thanks for the reply.

Please try to swap the battery with other system and check for the issue. Check with other battery if available.

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors