Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramo90
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,409
Message 1 of 4

G505 DVD/CD Drive and Webcam issues.

Hello. 
I have a G505 Lenovo Laptop with the Windows 8.1 Update and I have been ahving issues with the DVD/CD drive, and more recently the Webcam. 

The DVD/CD drive doesn't seem to be recognized by the computer despite it coming with the computer I bought. I originally thought it was a faulty connection, but after taking it out, cleaning it and putting it back in the problem persisted. I was told that maybe a program was not letting the drive work, but I have several programs that can detect a disk when instereted so now I don't know what the problem is.

More recently, my internal webcam has stopped working. The light next to the webcam usually comes on at start-up, but now it doesn't even do that. I try going on skype or using the camera app, but all I get is a "Connect a camera to get started". I tried download the camera driver for Windows 8.1 on the Drivers & Downloads page, but everytime I try installing it it says that there is no driver to install. 

I also checked the Device Manager to see if maybe the drivers were not installed, but the CD/DVD section doesn't even appear! Under the "Audio, video, and game controllers", only Audio and game controllers appear (Unless that is not the right section). 

Does anyone know what's going on? I could really use some help  Smiley Sad

jespeg
Paper Tape
Views: 2,044
Message 2 of 4

Re: G505 DVD/CD Drive and Webcam issues.

did u get the dvr fixed , i am having the same problem 

jesse

Ramo90
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,024
Message 3 of 4

I have not. 
I hoping to send it in to repair, but I'm a little busy at the moment. 
I've only had this laptop for a year, and it seems to be breaking down already. 

jespeg
Paper Tape
Views: 1,804
Message 4 of 4

I had the same problem with the cd not working and i downloaded something that fixed it but i can not remember what.

Now it is bad aagain.

O Well

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors