Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-26-2014

London

1 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 2

G505 high idle temps and fan blowing cold air

2014-05-26, 12:39 PM

Hello all,

I bought a Lenovo G505 (AMD A6-5200 model) yesterday which had been a display model for the past 3 months. Mostly it is working fine but I noticed the fan seemed to be running quite a bit even when doing nothing on the PC, what's more the air coming out of the laptop is cold.

I installed coretemp to monitor temperatures and it is showing idle CPU temps of around 50C, which seems too high to me and suggests the CPU heatsink is not correctly seated.

I have checked task manager to ensure that no processes are running the CPU up too much, and removed any that were, but the problem still remains.

Can anyone tell me what the idle temps of an A6-5200 should be, so that I can compare to what I am seeing?

I'm skilled enough with PC's and laptops to take it apart and try to re-seat the heatsink with some good thermal paste, however there is a Lenovo sticker over the screws so I guess that would invalidate the warranty if I did it?

Thanks

Options

3 Posts

05-26-2014

London

1 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: G505 high idle temps and fan blowing cold air

2014-05-26, 12:42 PM
Just to add - I ran the dust removal program for a good while just in case.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms