LB

5 Signins

31 Page Views

• Views: 31
  • Message 21 of 31

Re: G505s Battery stops charging at 60%

2016-10-22, 12:20 PM

Hello,

I have the exact problem; my lenovo laptop stops charging at 60%. I followed the steps but the problem is that only one tab (Advanced settings) showed when  I clicked "change advanced power settings"  So I couldn't resume to the other steps !! P.S.: I am a windows 7 user.

I appreciate your help!

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Views: 610511
  • Message 22 of 31

2016-10-22, 12:26 PM

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Message 23 of 31

2016-10-23, 22:15 PM

Welcome to the Lenovo Community kouki1997 !

Try un-installing the Lenovo Energy Management application, reboot your computer and then install a new copy from the link below.....

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Lenovo-G-Series-laptops/Lenovo-G505s-Notebook/downloads/DS030145

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Options

3 Posts

11-27-2016

IR

3 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 24 of 31

2016-11-27, 12:35 PM

Dear Majestic,

Unfortunately the problem still persists for me. That's been a terrible idea to remove the friendly face of Lenovo Energy Mnanager in Win 10. I don't know why, but I couln't download the Lenovo Settings app from Microsoft App Store, even after about two hours of struggling.

Since the problem has started from Lenovo's side, can you PLEASE upload the "offline installer file" on a globally accessible server (prefereably on Lenovo's official website) for us who cannot download from the Microsoft app store? And please don't suggest to try another time with app store, it proved absolute useless.

Looking forward to your prompt reply.

Appreciate your help in advance

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Message 25 of 31

2016-11-27, 14:33 PM

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Ned123 !

You are the first person that I have encountered that has had this difficulty.  Is it just the Lenovo Setting app you can't download and install or are you having problems downloading other apps?   Try this download link below.....

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/lenovo-settings/9wzdncrfj12p

Options

3 Posts

11-27-2016

IR

3 Signins

33 Page Views

• Message 26 of 31

2016-11-27, 20:49 PM

Dear Majestic,

It's sad that you didn't notice all the emphasize that I put on "not" directing me to app store. The link that you inserted, was exactly where I had all the struggle. On my laggy metered connection, I was forced to download around 30 MB of install file, without even being able to download the file via a reliable downloader app, nor even receiving offline installer file.

Then it got auto installed, and what's inside the app? Nothing but a big download button! Another 237 MB .exe file is still to be downloaded on this same unstable metered connection.

Honestly, why should we be punished like this for trusting in buying a Lenovo laptop? I guess I've had around 1 GB of my limited expensive data wasted only for searching on the solution for charging my battery in general, and around 2 weeks of my time.

The reason that I'm fulfilling this detailed complaint, is to make the Lenovo team to think of a solution for this issue that they've started in the first place. I bought this laptop for the pleasant experience of working with my friend's laptop with Win 8, which not only had the SWEET Energy Managemet that made power control only a few clicks away, but also had that option that displays big signs when you hit Caps Lock or Num Lock for example, which I found really helpful. I was a big Lenovo fan before this, and I suggested it to anyone who asked me which brand to buy. I'm not going to that anymore, unless I see you doing something for solving this PAINSTAKING issue for good.

Thank you for your attention, and hope you'll solve this as soon as possible.

Options

3 Posts

11-27-2016

IR

3 Signins

33 Page Views

• Message 27 of 31

2016-11-27, 21:38 PM

TO ANYONE WHO FOLLOWED MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE

The process is not eve done after downloading and installing the mentioned 237 MB file. After that, follow the below step. It's mentioned by "gandharv12" on second page of these comments. Thank you "gandharv12" by the way. Solved my problem completely:

If it is windows 10 than download lenovo settings from app store and lenovo power manager from google and than open the lenovo settings app and  click on battery icon (remember your charger should be plugged in). Than you will see conservation mode turn that off it will fix.I have attached the screen shot for a better picture.

lenovobattery.jpg

Options

4308 Posts

11-18-2012

US

9979 Signins

610511 Page Views

• Message 28 of 31

2016-11-28, 15:30 PM

Ned123, sorry to hear you had continued download problems, but glad to see you were able to resolve the issue.  Thanks for posting back and explaining what did work for you.

Options

1 Posts

02-21-2017

IN

5 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 29 of 31

Re: G5080Battery stops charging at 60%

2017-02-21, 19:10 PM

I searched for power management settings but there is only one tab at setting I dint found power management please reply me the link of power management 

Options

1 Posts

07-02-2019

ES

1 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 30 of 31

2019-07-02, 17:08 PM

I have a G505s and it is about three years old and has been nothing but trouble. The final problem has been not charging past 60% and I have tried all the suggetions on the various sites without success. I also bought a new battery and a new charger. To save my sanity and prevent this being thrown from the second floor window can someone suggest a definite cure.

Thanks

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete