cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amdfan
Paper Tape
Views: 542
Message 1 of 4

G505s - Bluetooth stopped working/ cant turn back on.

Hello I have a lenovo g505s windows 8.1 and recently my bluetooth has stopped working. When i search for bluetooth thru windows i get the option of bluetooth settings, but when i click on it in the charms menu it goes to  pc settinga and from there i can not get to the usual bluetooth tab. when i click airplane mode i see that bluetooth is off but the switch is unclickable to turn it back on. I went to device manager and did not initially have the bluetooth as an option until i went to view and show hidden devices. I have noticed that all of the drop down options under bluetooth have the same error message: 

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

I have tried updating the drivers for the bus and Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Blutooth 4.0+ but have been prompted that they are already up to date. 

I would like to know of a solution to this problem. Thanks

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

amdfan
Paper Tape
Views: 521
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bluetooth stopped working/ cant turn back on.

Also i uninstalled all the drivers and devices under the Bluetooth tab of device manager thinking i could reinstall them  so i dont know where to go from here. The Extension Core is still running in task manager and  Qualcomm Atheros Bluetooth Bus still exists under System Devices. But i was unable to find Bluetooth when looking at the BIOS

brisaint7
What's DOS?
Views: 441
Message 3 of 4

Re: G505s - Bluetooth stopped working/ cant turn back on.

having the same problem ... for months now.  has anyone responded with a solution?  i just rebootted my laptop to out of box state, bluetooth icon showed up for half a day ... and then BAM!! now iit is gone,   

Highlighted
amdfan
Paper Tape
Views: 119
Message 4 of 4

Re: G505s - Bluetooth stopped working/ cant turn back on.

Hey there!

Its been a good few years now since I was on here last, but I was wondering whether you still have the same issue?

In this time I have upgraded to Windows 10 and have factory reset my computer a few times for other reasons. I will say that nothing has changed with my bluetooth suddenly disappearing, it still seems to happen randomly whenever I choose one of the rebooting options (sleep,  hibernate, restart, and powering on after shutting down). 

All the best. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors