Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RWR2288
Not applicable
Views: 1,698
Message 1 of 8

G505s Cracked Case

Hi,

I got my G505s about a year and a half ago and since then the bottom case has cracked around the air vent. I tried to do a hot fix with some super glue as I didn;t have the time to try and get it fixed. I kinda know my way around a computer and I am happy to try and fix it myself if I could get hold of the component or should I try and get it into a repair shop to see what they can do?

Thanks

RWR2288

CBHedricks
Not applicable
Views: 1,671
Message 2 of 8

Re: G505s Cracked Case

Sound like you are on the right track. Google the part and you should see some options. If under warranty with full coverage it may be worth sending in, otherwise take pictures of screw locations as it can be the saving grace so to speak.

Good luck.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Ashwin_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 1,645
Message 3 of 8

Hi RWR2288,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with your system cracked.

If the seal is broken then the warranty will be void hence, I would suggest you to send the system to nearest authorized service center for the genuine parts and service.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure

they will be a great help.

As you have also mentioned that you will be able to replace the bottom case. You can also refer to the manual for replacement.

Click here for the manual.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

RWR2288
Not applicable
Views: 1,619
Message 4 of 8

Hi, thanks for the help, I phoned the helpline and found that my unit was out of warranty so I will have to pay for the repair.

Thanks
Ashwin_Lenovo
Not applicable
Views: 1,602
Message 5 of 8

Hi RWR2288,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for delay in response.

As the warranty of your system has been expired hence it will a paid service, for further details request you to visit the nearest authorized service center.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure

they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

anthonyd73111
Not applicable
Views: 849
Message 6 of 8
anthonyd73111
Not applicable
Views: 789
Message 7 of 8

full case replacement is only answer, the part cost about $40 on ebay only get new.  Takes about an hour.  Order top and bottom of lower case.  New plastics improved.  See my post about it.

[Moderator edited per forum guidelines.]

rama_krishna_R
Not applicable
Views: 743
Message 8 of 8

i need g505s body in ebay showing bottom case

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors