English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks Knowledge Base

G505s: System becomes very slow when plugged in the power adapter

Question

I have a problem with my G505s. Whenever I plug it in to charge, the PC slows down very much. Apps take a long time to open, Youtube videos take a long time to load and games which I have downloaded lag a lot even on low settings. 

I noticed this when I was playing a game; the settings I had were 'Ultra' in which there was no lag but when I plugged in the charger the game was completely unplayable. I switched the settings down to 'low' but there was still a considerable amount  of lag. 

The laptop has a short battery life already and hardly being able to use it while charging.

How can I fix this?

Answer

If you notice the battery charging slowly, please try to update your BIOS to version 2.05 or above from the link below

G405s / G505s BIOS <-- Click to download.

Was this information helpful?

Yes No

Comments

NateS On 2014-04-05, 14:50 PM
nightkon On 2014-04-23, 18:18 PM

Update BIOS to 2.05 helped me with the same problem!

My problem: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/G505s-Hangs-when-plugged-in-power-AC-adapter/m-p/1520404

pul On 2015-05-28, 7:05 AM

how to update bios on battery my latop doesn't turn on with ac adapter only (model no g570)

my laptop charges (sometimes)when off but not when on

gdepinto On 2015-06-18, 14:45 PM

I purchased model g50-70 model about 6 months ago.  In the last few days, the battery sometimes charges and more  times it doesn't.  Can't tell if it's the battery or the ac adapter.

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop