cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 6,445

Question

I have a problem with my G505s. Whenever I plug it in to charge, the PC slows down very much. Apps take a long time to open, Youtube videos take a long time to load and games which I have downloaded lag a lot even on low settings. 

I noticed this when I was playing a game; the settings I had were 'Ultra' in which there was no lag but when I plugged in the charger the game was completely unplayable. I switched the settings down to 'low' but there was still a considerable amount  of lag. 

The laptop has a short battery life already and hardly being able to use it while charging.

How can I fix this?

Answer

If you notice the battery charging slowly, please try to update your BIOS to version 2.05 or above from the link below

G405s / G505s BIOS <-- Click to download.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
nightkon

Update BIOS to 2.05 helped me with the same problem!

My problem: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/G505s-Hangs-when-plugged-in-power-AC-adapter/m-p/1520404

pul

how to update bios on battery my latop doesn't turn on with ac adapter only (model no g570)

my laptop charges (sometimes)when off but not when on

gdepinto

I purchased model g50-70 model about 6 months ago.  In the last few days, the battery sometimes charges and more  times it doesn't.  Can't tell if it's the battery or the ac adapter.