cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tylerdami
Token Ring
Views: 3,551
Message 1 of 5

G505s touchpad not working while typing.

When the keyboard is in use, the touchpad is disabled. This prevents any gaming. 

The windows touchpad setting is set to no delay, and the "Palm Check" in the Elan settings is disabled. The driver is the newest available on the Lenovo website. Any ideas to get the touchpad working so I can play some games?

The laptop is the G505s, A10 without the duel graphics. Model 20255. 

Thanks!

Tyler

tylerdami
Token Ring
Views: 3,542
Message 2 of 5

Re: G505s touchpad not working while typing.

Upon removal of the Elan driver the touchpad no longer becomes inactive while typing. It has lost both mulittouch and scrolling abilities whichisverydisappointing

tylerdami
Token Ring
Views: 3,542
Message 3 of 5

This was fixed by me with a simple regestry edit. 

Open regedit.exe as admin, navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Elantech\SmartPad

Find the key named:

DisableWhenType_Enable

Double click and change the value to 0, close out and restart. Your touchpad is active while typing!

SPER
What's DOS?
Views: 2,653
Message 4 of 5

@tylerdami wrote:

This was fixed by me with a simple regestry edit. 

Open regedit.exe as admin, navigate to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Elantech\SmartPad

Find the key named:

DisableWhenType_Enable

Double click and change the value to 0, close out and restart. Your touchpad is active while typing!

[For Reference I have the G50-80 Signature Edition]

You rock man! I tried all other suggestions and nothing worked. Sure it DECREASED the delay time. But it didn't fully turn it off.

I then did the regedit that you reccomended above, I restarted my computer and still had the same issue. But then I went into Programs and uninstalled the "Thinkpad Ultranav" touchpad driver and restarted. 

Ta Da!! It works! Now the touchpad is perfectly smooth and works while typing and without delay! 

I don't understand why these manufacturers install all of these useless touchpad controls. They always just get in the way and I usually wind up disabling everything until I get it working just the way I like it. I will not be updating any Windows update concerning the touchpad. Right now it's perfect and that's how I'm going to keep it!

Fridlundisme
What's DOS?
Views: 1,140
Message 5 of 5

I have the same problem, but I can't find the ..\elantech folder. I come to \Control but not further.

My Lenovo settings also crashes before it even starts when I try to open it. I have re-installed the drivers several times (the latest from lenovo website) without any luck

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors