Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 4 (153 Views)

G5080 stuck at 48% with one key recovery

Hello, I basically wanted to reset  my laptop but I already get an error while doing it with Windows 10's reset option, so I decided to go on with one key recovery. I selected "Restore from initial backup" and then just let it complete the process, but after a while it gets stuck every time at 48%. Now, I tried this 3 times and everytime I was forced to shut down the laptop by using the power button, and I don't even have an OS anymore since one key recovery couldn't recover it completely. What should I do now? 

Topics: 6
Kudos: 91
Solutions: 130
Message 2 of 4 (85 Views)

Re: G5080 stuck at 48% with one key recovery

I would advise to contact Lenovo Support via phone to inform of the issues, they may be able to send you a factory set of recovery disks.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Topics: 23
Kudos: 206
Solutions: 132
Message 3 of 4 (77 Views)

You can create recovery media here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

Boot off of the USB drive you loaded the recovery files to, and you should be able to install a fresh copy of Windows. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 4 (60 Views)

I moved the iso to the pen drive with my mac (I don't have another pc to use) and even after putting legacy first on bios it still doesn't run the windows installer... 

Top Kudoed Authors