Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
futhq
Paper Tape
Views: 845
Message 1 of 3

G510 Bluetooth Windows 10 not recognized in Device Manager

My G510 is having issues with bluetooth ever since windows 10 was installed.

It was working perfectly on windows 8 which was installed before it.

I've downloaded the relevant drivers: Bluetooth Driver (CyberTan/Broadcom, Liteon/Atheros) for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Lenovo G410, G510. Version: 6.5.1.3703/7.4.0.165.

There are several drivers in this package, and I've tried installing all of them one by one with no success. Some of them gave a message that the device doesn't exist, others just didn't add any device to the device manager list.

In addition, the device manager does not recognize that there's a bluetooth component at all, and there are no problematic devices on the list.

In windows, there are no bluetooth menus, but I assume that it's because there's no recognizeable bluetooth device.

I've tried the solution in this thread by trying to install the energy management software, but it didn't work as well.

Please assist.

futhq
Paper Tape
Views: 794
Message 2 of 3

Re: G510 Bluetooth Windows 10 not recognized in Device Manager

Still not solved, but here are a few discoveries.

I've enabled "Show hidden devices" in device manager, using this hack.

Now, after I shutdown and powered on again (not restart, but a full shutdown), I can see the following hidden device:
Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0
The driver version is 10.0.1.1 which seems to be the latest one, and is marked on the G510 Lenovo drivers list as supported in Windows 10.

On the other hand, the Qualcomm Atheros website does not show that it supports Windows 10.

I've also tried this reddit thread with no success.

Have you verified that this driver does work on Windows 10?

futhq
Paper Tape
Views: 739
Message 3 of 3

Re: G510 Bluetooth Windows 10 not recognized in Device Manager

Given that no one has been able to assist, I have no choice but going back to Windows 8.

Very disappointing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors