07-22-2015

TR

29 Signins

301 Page Views

• Views: 301
  • Message 1 of 10

G510 - Bluetooth not detected on Windows 10

2019-07-02, 1:18 AM

I'm using 1903 version of Windows 10 64 bit and Bluetooth is not detected on my system, although Wi-fi is working fine. And naturally I can't install Lenovo BT drivers.

It is not displayed on Device Manager:

There is no option to turn it on/off at Devices section of Windows Settings:

When I run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter, it says Bluetooth not available on this device.

Solved! See the solution
Options

3769 Posts

12-11-2015

US

4346 Signins

48882 Page Views

• Views: 48882
  • Message 2 of 10

Re: G510 - Bluetooth not detected on Windows 10

2019-07-02, 6:57 AM

There is a known issue with Bluetooth devices and Windows 10 1903, but I am not aware that it makes it disappear completely from Device Manager.    Have you tried going to Device Manager's View menu and selecting "Show hidden devices" to see if it shows up there?

I don't think that Lenovo has yet certified the G510 for Windows 10 1903, or if they ever will if the Wireless adapter manufacturers do not release updated drivers, so your best bet might be an external USB WiFi/Bluetooth adapter for the time being.

Best of luck, 

Unable to discover or connect to Bluetooth devices

Microsoft has identified compatibility issues with some driver versions for Bluetooth radios made by Realtek and Qualcomm. To safeguard your update experience, we have applied a compatibility hold on devices with affected driver versions for Realtek or Qualcomm Bluetooth radios from being offered Windows 10, version 1903 or Windows Server, version 1903 until the driver has been updated.

Affected platforms:
  • Client: Windows 10, version 1903
  • Server: Windows Server, version 1903

Workaround: Check with your device manufacturer (OEM) to see if an updated driver is available and install it.

• For Qualcomm drivers, you will need to install a driver version greater than 10.0.1.11.
  • For Realtek drivers, you will need to install a driver version greater than 1.5.1011.0.

Note Until an updated driver has been installed, we recommend you do not attempt to manually update using theUpdate now button or the Media Creation Tool. 

Next steps: Microsoft is working with Realtek and Qualcomm to release new drivers for all affected system via Windows Update.  

Options

23 Posts

07-22-2015

TR

29 Signins

301 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2019-07-02, 18:04 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. Even when I enable hidden devices, bluetooth does not show.

I read the article you posted. My Wi-fi is Atheros, so I think BT is also Atheros as well.

BT has always been problematic with Lenovo. Before, I could install an old Energy Management software an turn BT on from there. But now I can't install that software.

I'm very disappointed with Lenovo, as it has caused many other problems, and probably will never buy another product of this brand.

Options

2389 Posts

11-07-2014

US

1525 Signins

24166 Page Views

• Views: 24166
  • Message 4 of 10

2019-07-06, 14:35 PM
Dell, HP and others are also having issues with BT devices, the point is that the BT manufactures making the specified hardware (Combo WiFi and BT cards) have released buggy drivers, or drivers with security holes so Windows has "banned" them from installing on the 1903 update.

This will be fixed when Atheros / Qualcom update the drivers and address the flaws that got them banned.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Options

23 Posts

07-22-2015

TR

29 Signins

301 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2019-07-06, 23:56 PM

Thanks for the info. But as I said before, BT has always been problematic with Lenovo. For example, this is  a message I posted in 2015. I could only enable BT by installing an old Energy Management software. But that solution is not working now.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G510-Windows-10-Bluetooth-not-recognized-Solved/td-p/2125034

Options

23 Posts

07-22-2015

TR

29 Signins

301 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2019-08-01, 19:23 PM

I downgraded my Windows 10 1903 to 1809 version. Afterwards I installed this old version of Energy Management software. It wasn't working on 1903, but it worked on 1809. So I pressed Fn+F7 and only then I could turn on Bluetooth. 

So everything seems to be working now, but it was quite a hassle. Lenovo really should release an updated version of Energy Management software with an option to turn on/off Bluetooth.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2389 Posts

11-07-2014

US

1525 Signins

24166 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2019-08-03, 16:34 PM
Windows 1903 is buggy, and they are installing MS drivers for a lot of hardware. IE WiFi cards, USB devices and such.

I spent several hours trying to get my Windows 10 Pro running on my shop desktop just to find out it deleted files for my BT adapter - stating that drivers were compromised or posed a security risk.

MS engineering team told me that Windows 10 versions from 1903 on will be relying on drivers supplied by Microsoft and certified by Microsoft for attached hardware. Any drivers that are not submitted for qualification testing will be dropped from the accepted hardware list and will not work if attached.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Options

23 Posts

07-22-2015

TR

29 Signins

301 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2019-08-03, 21:15 PM

Dude, I have told many times before but it looks like you don't understand, so now I'll tell for the last time and unsubscribe from this topic:

This is not a driver or Windows 1903 issue. There was no freaking Bluetooth or unidentified device at device manager. I couldn't turn on BT even on Windows 8. This is the sole fault of Lenovo, and noone else's. Search the forum, and you will see loads of "Bluetooth not detected" topics. 

Because of this, one has to search the forum and has to download a bloody old version of Energy Management to turn on the freaking BT.

Anyways, this piece of garbage is falling apart physically as well, and soon I'll buy a new laptop which will definitely not be a Lenovo. Of the laptops I owned, this one caused me the most problems both on hardware and software.

Options

2389 Posts

11-07-2014

US

1525 Signins

24166 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2019-08-04, 17:03 PM

I did read into your postings, as well as others.  The API used to write "Energy Management" software is a front end or shell that attempts to bundle hardware controls into a common interface, by manipulating hardware thru API or simialr interface.  Most of the time the Lenovo energy manager is linked to a particular version of the OS, usually the one that was shipped with the computer.  Too many times, the app is compromised by a windows update cycle, one that "breaks" the links from the app to the drivers responsible to control the hardware.  Quite a few times the "break" is fixed by an update issued to correct the problem at the application level. 

I agree - the Lenovo energy manager is buggy, enven when it is used within the OS it was written for.  In my exprience Intel energy manager is just as bad, so is HP's version.  I have to belive it is related to the core hardware, more than the app as can be seen in my further explination regarding issues with Windows 10 dropping out hardware entirely from the Device Manager.

Microsoft has identified several security risks within drivers submitted by overseas hardware manufactures that would allow the operating system to be compromised, or severely impacted and is working with the hardware manufactures to overcome them.  Until that occurs the compromised hardware will not be recognised (is blacklisted) within Windows 10.  One of the few reasons that certain hardware does not show up in the Windows 10 Device Manager is the basic drivers or API for embedded hardware is the lack of compatibility with the latest version of Windows and the new "security" policy that was brought into Windows 10 v1903.  This is frustrating quite a few users, as the affected hardware worked before the latest update cycle, but does not show up at all after pulling down the update.  This is commonly referred to as "it was broken by the update" and not necessarily related to non-working hardware.

Qualcom, Realtek and others have to bring their software / drivers up to this new requirement before the hardware will be allowed into the OS.  I also suspect that Lenovo, Intel, HP and others will be dropping the "management" apps until the hardware becomes more compliant.

CB

Options

1 Posts

07-29-2020

IN

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 10 of 10

Re:G510 - Bluetooth not detected on Windows 10

2020-07-29, 19:02 PM

Comment at this thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G510-Windows-10-Bluetooth-not-recognized-Solved/td-p/2125034

Comment: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G510-Windows-10-Bluetooth-not-recognized-Solved/m-p/2125034?page=1#2126169

mentions the solution that worked for me. 

I'm on version 2004, build 19041.388 

I installed the below mentioned software (also mentioned in the comment linked above)

pressed just F7, and Energy management overlay popped up, with toggle switches for WiFi and Bluetooth. I clicked on on the bluetooth option, and in some moments, windows installed the required drivers. 

Just for checking, I tried sending a file from my phone to G510, worked pretty fine. (It feels weird that we used such a slow connection for file sharing once. :D)

Lenovo Energy management software that works: http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/cagt26ww.exe

Just leaving this here just in case someone has the same issue and goes around searching for solutions. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete