Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ch10007
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,644
Message 1 of 4

[G510] Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics and AMD HD 8570M

Greetings!

I have recently ordered a Lenovo G510 with an Intel i5-4200M cpu and an AMD HD 8570M gpu. While waiting for my laptop, I have been doing some research regarding any issues I might face (something that would make me really upset, since it took me forever to decide which laptop to purchase for my needs, university and work related tasks and some gaming, and it really cost me a considerable - compared to my budget - amount of money) and I came across a problem that people face when they upgrade to windows 8.1 or downgrade  to windows 7. As other users have stated, the "switchability" of the graphics malfunctions on every os apart from the pre-installed windows 8 (I'm not sure if it doesn't malfunction in that case as well). That being said, I want to ask whether such problems existed and if they persist. I suspect they are caused by driver issues, so they should have been fixed with the release of an appropriate driver. 

I'm eagerly waiting for anyone's response, thanks!

ch10007
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,631
Message 2 of 4

Re: [G510] Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics and AMD HD 8570M

A fast response could save me from buying a laptop that i won't be able to get to work, so bump Smiley Sad

I also failed to note that I want to upgrade to Windows 8.1 and I don't plan to stick with Windows 8, so if the gpu won't work after the upgrade it would be a dealbreaker for me..

ch10007
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,591
Message 3 of 4

Time to cancel my order. Thanks for having me, and I hope the forum moderators become more active in the future, for the sake of your company and the rest of your customers..

Kalenz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,575
Message 4 of 4

You did the right thing because they don't seem to really care about this problem. I wouldn't suggest buying anything from Lenovo at all after this experience.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors