cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 105
Message 21 of 27

Re: [G510] Is it ok to leave the battery plugged in while it is being used?

I don't think your issue is related to the Windows 10 Anniversary patch.  I've done several of those patches on various laptops and so far I haven't seen any indication where the patch had changed features related to battery charging. 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

KaisMea
Fanfold Paper
Views: 99
Message 22 of 27

I turned ON my laptop from SLEEPING MODE
And the windows started installing updates, I didn't know how or why...
I clicked on Lenovo Setting to see if any miracle happened there..

http://i.imgur.com/asJCKNv.png

And it did xD

sorry for my English

SeniorGuru
Views: 94
Message 23 of 27

Good to see it is now working correctly - I am going to make a safe assumption that a component in Windows 10 was not allowing it to surface - and the update fixed it.

[Edit] My contact at MSDN - just said that the Microsoft Java engine may have been a contributing factor in the reason beind the applications failure to show certain options - the update for their java app included in this latest round targeted that process. [Edit]

My Yoga and G580 are pulling in updates now - I have my fingers crossed. LOL

I have spent this morning (US of A, PST) looking closely at the Windows 10 "Anniversary" update, both on my MSDN account and the relevant blogs, forums I travel.

It does some very strange things in the background, one of which is remove partitions that it does not understand, or see a use for - IE, anything you are dual booting may get broken.

Also - it brings in a host of security updates and patches to the Kernel that are not being widely talked about. Most are "bug fixes" and hole pluggers... The stuff you would expect from a service pack....

Lenovo is not the only manufacture that is having issues with Windows 10 applications, the API is constantly changing, not always backwards compatible.

CB.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 85
Message 24 of 27

KaisMea, Good hear.  Smiley Very Happy

Microsoft's last minute patch for the Anniversary Update that was released Tuesday must of been what you needed.   Glad to hear the issue has finally been resolved.

CB  I just did the Anniversary Update on my dual boot desktop (Win7 / Win 10). It survived the update although I use the Media Creation Tool for it. 

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

SeniorGuru
Views: 77
Message 25 of 27

Both my Yoga and G580 seemed to have survived, I get a good boot up.  Don't have my Dual Boot computer (desktop) as we are remodeling my den / office right now.  Hope to be back in soon, will see if it broke my Mint installation.

Cheers.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
KaisMea
Fanfold Paper
Views: 67
Message 26 of 27

Majestic

Yes, It's finally resolved xD
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

CBHedricks

Thank you for trying to help.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 65
Message 27 of 27

You are very welcome KaisMea!

Glad to hear you're finally able to use Conservation Mode. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors