Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo510laptop
Paper Tape
Views: 101
Message 1 of 6

G510 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80A8 Where to Download Windows 8

Hello guys, i have Lenovo G510 Laptop it's Came with Windows 8. i had Install linux ubuntu and used it for long time. now i want to Reback to windows 8. i do not understand where to download the windows 8 and the activation key for it. OEM ver as i understand searching online.

PLease Help!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 97
Message 2 of 6

Re: G510 Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80A8 Where to Download Windows 8

Hello and welcome,

If the machine came with 8.1 the key is embedded in the BIOS and should be detected during install.  You can get install media here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-10-create-installation-media

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Lenovo510laptop
Paper Tape
Views: 83
Message 3 of 6

Dear 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 79
Message 4 of 6

As I said and you've seen there's no sticker for Windows 8.x or 10.  The key is in BIOS.

Make sure you're downloading the same version - base, pro, or enterprise - that was originally on your laptop.

[edit to add] Is there an option to skip or ignore the key entry request?  Try that.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Highlighted
Lenovo510laptop
Paper Tape
Views: 75
Message 5 of 6

Dear z.

[edit to add] Is there an option to skip or ignore the key entry request? there is no. such a button.

if i forget which one was with my laptop base, pro or enterprise how i can find that...

thanks
Lenovo510laptop
Paper Tape
Views: 35
Message 6 of 6

Just for some one else looking for soluation and want to install windows 8.1 like me download Windows 8.1 Single Language. 

Or windows 10 and it will detect the ver by it self.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors