Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
izadfard
What's DOS?
Views: 1,872
Message 1 of 6

[G510] Recovery partition deleted and no Recovery DVD

hello

i deleted lenovo  recovery partition on g510 laptop and don't have recovery dvd.

i need to recover laptop to original state.

please help me

Moderator comment: Post split out of Knowledgebase. Subject edited to match content.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,856
Message 2 of 6

Re: [G510] Recovery partition deleted and no Recovery DVD

hi izadfard

Welcome to the Forums.

If you didn't create a recovery drive (using this method) then I recommend you contact lenovo on how to obtain a copy of the recovery disc which restores the preloaded Win8 OS, drivers, and apps.

Alternatively, if the machine came preloaded Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, you can try the following:

For Windows 8:

1. Obtain a Windows 8 installation disc and use it to reinstall Windows (if the system is preloaded with Windows 8, the installation will automatically detect the Win8 product key in the UEFI Firmware / BIOS and will automatically activate Windows).

2. From here, you can obtain the drivers from the G510 drivers page and/or upgrade to Windows 8.1 via the Windows Store (see this guide)

For Windows 8.1:

1. Check this guide on how to obtain a Windows 8.1 ISO (see Option One)

2. When finished, follow this guide to make a bootable UEFI Win8.1 installer via DVD or USB flashdrive and use it to install Windows (the installation should be able to detect the Windows 8.1 product key in the UEFI firmware that will let you activate Windows).

3. If successful, obtain the drivers from the G510 drivers page 

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Chris951
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,848
Message 3 of 6

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo G50-70, Core i5 4210u, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, Corsair Vengeance RAM 16GB
Lukas1231
Fanfold Paper
Views: 615
Message 4 of 6

Sorry for the grave dig:

Can I have a recovery ISO from anyone who has all drivers working? I cant get audio to work. It didnt bother me the first few years because i used to use an USB sound card. But now that one died and i really want to fix that issue. No drivers from anywhere in the internet work. The device gets detected after a fresh windows install. The first reboot makes the device nowt showing up anywhere as if it was not connected.

Greetings

SeniorGuru
Views: 602
Message 5 of 6

Not sure why your drivers are not working, not clear what OS you are using, or if same notebook.

Please update post with your specifications, including OS version and machine model information.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Lukas1231
Fanfold Paper
Views: 598
Message 6 of 6

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors