09-05-2017

US

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 2

G510 Unmountable Bood Volume with Recovery Disc

2017-09-05, 18:06 PM

G510 began to run slowly, and then finally would not boot, giving repetitive "Unmountable Boot Volume" stop code.

I created W10 boot media both on USB and DVD on another computer.  I am able to go to the BIOS BOOT MENU and select the DVD, I get the message to "Press any key to start from the CD", and the computer still will not boot.

I am able to access the BIOS SETUP. 

Basically, all attempts to boot go to a blank screen, and most of the time to a "Unmountable Boot Volume" message.

Are there any other options, or do I assume this computer has a bad motherboard?

Options

12058 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7112 Signins

743029 Page Views

• Views: 743029
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: G510 Unmountable Bood Volume with Recovery Disc

2017-09-05, 21:22 PM

Hi EricF2,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Before we go for any board issue, it would be better to check first with the integrity of the harddrive.

Running diagnostics would help. If you have a spare drive then it can be worth a try or have the original harddrive slaved on another pc/ on external harddrive enclosures and have it tested or even install Windows.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete