Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kluczos
What's DOS?
Views: 1,750
Message 1 of 4

G510 amd driver problem

Hi

i have lenovo g510 with intel hd and amd 230m onboard. After big update of windows 10 (anniversary or sth) i had to restore system because i had multiple problems with amd driver, when i wanted to open amd relive! setting i saw only message that i don't have amd driver or amd graphic card on board. After restoring system problem stays. I already unsitlalled with DDU both graphic driver, then isntalled latets intel, restart, and tried to install latest grapic driver but when i try to do that in the middle of installation system freeze, after restart windows won't start after loading screen i can see only black screen. I uninstalled in safe mode and tried to install latest driver from lenovo support. I can install catalyst driver but after restart when i try to open CCC i can see only error messages that driver isn't installed propertly.

I don't know how to install propertly on this @#$% laptop amd WORKING driver.

Also tried with driver booster but installation amd driver freezes sytem.

P.S.This is the worst laptop i ever had... I never had so much problem with drivers

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,709
Message 2 of 4

Re: G510 amd driver problem

With AMD drivers from the AMD site, use latest stable drivers, not latest release - usually is one back from Latest.

Remove all graphics drivers from system, use CCleaner to remove remaining files (freeware from Piniform) then reboot. System will use Windows basic drivers to initialize display. Download the AMD drivers for video from AMD as discussed above, install and reboot.

Once rebooted, you can choose to install Intel Video if needed. Personally - I never use Intel HD Video for onboard graphics - they are not good for much other than business class workloads. If you choose to install Intel graphics - use drivers from Intel over ones posted in Lenovo support drivers.

Once all have been installed - reboot windows and see if errors keep showing up. Sometimes the newest OS will be buggy with drivers and you will need to back step one or two versions to get it stable.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
kluczos
What's DOS?
Views: 1,703
Message 3 of 4

Thank you but what you wrote is that what i have been doing all the time...

I think i have solved problem, installing latest inf intel driver after installing intel graphic driver and then amd helped. Nów i don’t have message with any problem from amd driver and also hibernation of system works again, previously i couldn’t woke up computer because of black screen

kluczos
What's DOS?
Views: 1,702
Message 4 of 4

To be clear i have installed previously inf driver j just have reinstalled them

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors