cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterBlackberry
Blue Screen Again
Views: 315
Message 1 of 5

G510 difference between main boards (compatibility question)

Hello Everyone!

Sadly, the main\system\mother board (FRU#: 90003676) of my G510 became busted around a week ago, but individual parts are still in working condition. 90003676 is hard to come by, even when looking up used parts. So I was wondering if I could replace the busted main board with another type of G510 main board? Like with a 90003691 or a '92 as these are the common ones on ebay \ aliexpress \ amazon.

How can I tell the difference in specs between boards in general? Are there any kind of manual or website that contains information about board specs?

Here are some of the specs of my G510. Hope it helps figuring out any issues regarding compatibility:

DescriptionCommodity TypePart Number
VIWGS MB UMA QC (to be replaced)SYSTEM BOARD90003676
M471B5173BH0-YK0 4GB DDR3L 1600MEMORY11201966
Intel I7-4700MQ 2.4G 6M C0 4cPGA (Intel G3 socket) CPUPROCESSOR102500540
Intel HD4600GPU -

Thank you for all the support in advance!

Peter

SeniorGuru
Views: 278
Message 2 of 5

Re: G510 difference between main boards (compatibility question)

Usually - the difference in system boards may mean that mounting points are different as well as daughter boards (auxiliary boards) and would be incompatible.

If you can compare pictures or the price is not prohibitive, purchase just the system board you can take a chance and see if it will work.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 267
Message 3 of 5

It looks to me like 90003692 is identical, except it is licensed for win8 rather than win7

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
PeterBlackberry
Blue Screen Again
Views: 234
Message 4 of 5

First of all, thank both of you for replying.

I bought a 90003692 and - probably - during this weekend I will give replacing a try. I'm going to sum up my experiences after tinkering.

Crucifire
Blue Screen Again
Views: 136
Message 5 of 5

So how did it go? My G510's board died as well, and I'm thinking of buying a mew one online, but I was told that there are usually many compatibility issues with such replacements, especially concerning the shape, size and mounting points. Plus it will take ages for it to be sent to my country (Greece), so I want to see if it might be worth the wait.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors