Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BilaPatrata
What's DOS?
Views: 250
Message 1 of 3

G510 output bios to external monitor

Hello! My lcd broke and i'd like to use an external monitor, but i can not get it to dislapy bios on it. I have tried disconnecting the lvds connector from the motherboard, tried both hdmi and vga, tried closing the lid after pressing starting it and no luck. Is there a solution to that?

MGhee
Punch Card
Views: 224
Message 2 of 3

Re: G510 output bios to external monitor

That is an interesting problem that I've not thought about...

I would start by heading over to Control Panel - Display first. I'd try swapping the secondary display with the Primary display, moving it from #2 to #1 -anything?

Also, the Multiple Displays tab offers a few options, Duplicate Displays, Show only on #1 or #2 Display - anything?

I'm not sure if the Windows Key +P (project to a second screen) works while in the BIOS - anything?

I hope you post back should you find a fix.
SeniorGuru
Views: 213
Message 3 of 3

Re: G510 output bios to external monitor

Unfortunately the BIOS (POST) codes and hardware check output is to the primary (LCD) notebook display. Once it hands off to the OS then you can start showing it on different outputs.

If you can, try the scree swap function button (use FN plus the right button) to switch outputs.

Also - if it is just the LCD panel, you can find those pretty cheap now online, just make sure it fits (connector and resolution) before you purchase.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors