Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robertwurthvie
What's DOS?
Views: 3,859
Message 71 of 82

Betreff: G510 "Switchable" Graphics

Hey, I just bought Lenovo G510 Laptop with Intel HD 4600 and Radeon 8750M. Everything fine exept the fact it doesnt switches GPUs when I play games. I tried everything. I set it the max performence when pluged in to AC and I set it to use max performance when playing games. Nothing works, the games show that the Intel GPU is working and the Radeon not. I have the latest drivers from Lenovo, I searched over the internet, nothing works. I just cant get the 8750M to work. 

Please help me.
Thanks.
olerex
Paper Tape
Views: 3,855
Message 72 of 82

Hey,

I'm not really sure if I am getting AMD card properly working too,

can I ask, where do you set games to max performance?

markostijak
Serial Port
Views: 3,841
Message 73 of 82

Re: G510 "Switchable" Graphics

I have installed the latest driver and some games work well as NFS Rivals, DiRT3, COD MW3, PES 2013, but other games as Trackmania, PES 2014, NFS Hot Pursuit does not properly use AMD GPU as it do not recognize even if it is set to high performance. I also tried the driver from AMD site and all games work fine, but GPU often stuck at 99%.

gantsa
Paper Tape
Views: 3,826
Message 74 of 82

INTEL AND AMD G510 IS USING, ARE ALMOST SAME GOOD CARDS. THEREFORE IT COULD
BE THAT INTEL CARD IS ENOUGH FOR GAMING.... I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY LENOVO
PLACED 2 SIMILAR CARDS IN ONE LAPTOP..

gantsa
Paper Tape
Views: 3,826
Message 75 of 82

INSTALL THE ENERGY MANAGMENT
THEN GO BOTTOM RIGHT ON YOUR NOTIFICATION ICONS IN WINDOW AND SET ENERGY
MANAGMENT TO HIGH PERFOMANCE

lucia1911
Paper Tape
Views: 3,688
Message 76 of 82

hello everybody.... i have problem with my notebook. i have  the sims game but if i want play show me chart wit this text       UNABLE TO START GAME
DEVICE 0 CANNOT RUN THIS TITLE
NO SUPPORTED VIDEO GRAPHICS CARD DETECTED
PLEASE CHECK YOUR SYSTEME HARDWARE

please help me... thanks..

warnus
Paper Tape
Views: 3,297
Message 77 of 82

Hy Everybody!
I have  a big problem, like everyone else. I bought a Lenovo G510 notebook, I installed Win7 PRO 64bit. Everything is working fine except the video card, wich is AMD Radeon R5 M230. In the control panel/device manager: the video card not working code 43.
I read a lot of topics, installed a lot of drivers, but nothing help. I tried to install the intel video driver but its not working neither, during the installation I get a message: my computer not  have the minimum configuration to install this driver. ???

Every driver I use, I get from the Lenovos official page  for G510 notebooks.
The notebook configuration is:
Intel Core I5 4200M, CPU 2,50GH
4GB Ram
WIN7 64bit Service Pack 1
AMD Radeom R5 M230 VGA

Click here to view image

Anyone have an idea to solve this problem?

Thank you!

Mod's Edit: Image(s) converted to link(s) due to size.  Images are limited to 100k size per forum guidelines.
                     Please refer to About Posting Pictures for more information.

Daemon009
What's DOS?
Views: 3,255
Message 78 of 82

Will there ever be an update for Lenovo G510 AMD and Intel graphics drivers for Win 8.1 ?

The current versions work fine on my system and the graphics switching seems to be OK, but...... The drivers I have are both from 16 October 2013 which is over a year ago. That`s quite a long time, don`t You think ?

olerex
Paper Tape
Views: 3,247
Message 79 of 82

amd.png

Do you know guys why it shows Intel graphics not AMD.

It showed AMD when i changed in boot for fixed or something, but then this AMD center was empty, only with HydraVision settings.

I guess my AMD works, in games it shows "High Performance" but why it's intel shown up there not amd?

hassanelrayess
What's DOS?
Views: 2,057
Message 80 of 82

Im having the same problem G510 with amd r7 265 display card

since i got it it had the issue i went to the local support of lenovo in egypt that had no clue what was going on and kept just reinstalling the system then not configuring the amd driver and returning the laptop to me they kept doing the same and each time they had the laptop for over a month untill at the end in april 2015 which is over a year after i pruchased the laptop they told me there was a hardware failure with the amd graphics chip but they could do nothing about it because the laptop was out of warrenty i dont understand they were supposed to say that when the issue started now they are asking me for the full price of a brand new laptop what kind of support is this ?

and i cant even find a direct support link online only the forum

someone at the local support went even as far as telling me its better to buy a new one why would i ever buy anything ever again from lenovo if their support is like that ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors