cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nerveuse
Paper Tape
Views: 176
Message 1 of 1

G510s/windows 8.1 sleep problems (power management options & BIOS do not correct it)

hi there,

suddenly seemingly for no reason, the sleep function of my machine no longer works properly.  when the machine goes to sleep, it either shuts itself off or goes into unwakable hibernation, in which case i must shut  the machine off improperly and crash my open files.  the fan also stays on non-stop when it is in unwakable hibernation. 

i have changed the power management options numerous times based on suggestions i have read about or been told via lenovo support, and in each case, the sleep function works properly the next 5 times or so, but then the same old problem arises again.

in addition, i now receive pop-up boxes every time i turn the machine on that indicate that the start menu has been updated, and it asks me if i want to install skype, etc.  this is now a daily occurrance, and i wonder if it is related to the sleep problems, or if this is a new unrelated glitch.

please tell me how to fix the machine, keeping in mind that i have already changed the power settings numerous times to no avail.  in addition, my BIOS is and always has been up to date, as this is a brand new machine.

thanks very much in advance,

tamara

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors