Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flstf21
What's DOS?
Views: 979
Message 1 of 2

G530 Type 4446 display problems

I own a Lenovo 4446 laptop which I received from my disability support team at Uni 4yrs ago, my laptop now has developed a problem of the screen going green purple and pink The problem started 2 and a half years ago when my cat jumped on the laptop while it was on my cinema surround sound sub woofer, but I never thought anything of it as it corrected itself during power up, but with prolonged usage its developed further and is now constantly green purple and pink.

After reading through some of the forums I am pretty sure its something to do with the ribbon cable which goes into the screen on the left hand hinge. I have had problems with this before over the last 18months but I just wiggled the cable and it corrected itself, but now regardless of wiggling the cable my screen remains green purple and pink, what repairs would any of you recommend to fix the problem?

Moderator note: moved post to appropriate board and edited subject to match content.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 960
Message 2 of 2

Re: G530 Type 4446 display problems

hi flstf21,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

What I would do first in this scenario is to attach an external monitor. If the display is ok, I would replace the LCD cable that can be ordered here and see the LCD ribbon replacement guide here, or video guide here.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors