Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

03-09-2010

new york

21 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 1 of 1

G530 - conexant audio driver problem - Microsoft GM synth

2010-03-09, 6:02 AM

Hi, i have the following audio driver for my G530, which I just purchased...

* Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221
* Hardware ID - FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5051&SUBSYS_17AA3C2B&REV_1000
* Driver Version - 3.49.4.50
* Driver Date - 5-2-2008

The problem is that the Microsoft GM Synth's performance is abysmal. Granted, this is not something most persons would care about, however, I use a few music applications where it is put to good use. They are modplug, earmaster, and harmony navigator.

The problem is the latency...

On my desktop and my old T42, the latency for this device is around 100 milliseconds. This value never wavers. This is the usual value that I'm accustomed to.

On the G530, however, the latency can be anywhere from about half a second to up to 2 seconds. It sometimes might even be longer.

I have the laptops side by side (t42 & g530) and have testing them both and the latency is totally unusable on the G530.

I'm really not sure what i can do. I can't seem to find any ulterior drivers that'll work with my audio chip, being as Conexants version and naming conventions overlap in a completely illogical way. I am hoping that there is something that can fix this.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms