cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 8,197

Question

The Optiarc DVD RW AD-7580S on my Lenovo G550 stopped working after three months. I ran PC Doctor and it failed all tests.

Answer

To resolve this issue, remove the affected filter drivers.

To do this, click on Start,  type regedit in the search box, then click on regedit in the Programs list.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, key in your password or click continue.

Locate, and then click the following registry subkey:
hkey_local_machine\system\currentcontrolset\control\class\{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Note that there could be several instances of the registry subkey that is mentioned in the above step so make sure that you are in the appropriate registry subkey before modifying the upperfilters and the lowerfilters values.

To verify that you are in the appropriate registry subkey, make sure that the default data value is

DVD/ CD-Rom and the class data value is CDrom.

In the right panel, right-click upperfilters , and then click delete .
Click yes to confirm the removal of the upperfilters registry entry.
In the right panel, right-click lowerfilters , and then click delete .
Click Yes to confirm the removal of the lowerfilters registry entry.
Exit registry editor, and then restart the computer.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
raypluckers

G505s CDDVD disabled. I only bought the laptop a week ago and DVD has not been used.

Lenovo solutions tells me that TSSSTcorp CDDVDW SU-208DB is disabled. In device manager it states

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code19)

This looks similar to other faults re DVD player. Can you please advise how to correct

rfforche

My DVD/CD drive is not recognized after upgrading to windows 10 32 bit.  Same problem with windows 10 on my 64 bit computer.  Anybody have a fix?