Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DT88
Paper Tape
Views: 254
Message 1 of 4

G550 SSD not recognised

Hi - just trying to install a SATA III SSD (Integral V series) in G550 but keep getting "PXE-E61:Media test failure, check cable" message.   SSD works fine when in USB HDD enclosure.  Any clues how to get round this? I tried changing the SATA port from AHCI to IDE but same result - looks like SSD just not identified. 

Just to add - I updated BIOS and repeated.  When I hit F12, SDD is correctly identified - but fails to enter setup, giving above error message.

SDD has clone of HDD on it.  Maybe I should try booting off some other device.

Any advice appreciated.

Dave

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 174
Message 2 of 4

Re: G550 SSD not recognised

Hi DT88! Welcome to our forums community. Is the SSD detected under BIOS? If yes, check the boot priority. But if not, there is a big possibility that the SSD is not compatible with the laptop.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

DT88
Paper Tape
Views: 168
Message 3 of 4

Hi - thanks for that - initially the SSD was not detected by the BIOS - but turns out it was my fault - I had initialised the SSD as GPT (which I guess would have worked on a newer laptop).  When I re-initialised it as MBT the BIOS recognised it and after a few hiccups all was good.

thanks again,

David

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 161
Message 4 of 4

You're very much welcome.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors