02-17-2013 10:59 AM - last edited on 02-17-2013 11:23 AM by zoltanthegypsy
Fellow G555ians, HELP!
My G555 (model 0873) does not have a backlight problem, but an entire LCD problem. i.e. the LCD does not turn on at all! My laptop is fine. Once every blue moon, when I turn it on the screen works.
I was wondering if someone could tell me the keystrokes needed to enabe EXTERNAL DISPLAY from the BIOS!
Since I can't see when I turn on the comp, I can't get into Windows, and therefore can't use the unction keys. However, I know there is a BIOS option to enable output to an external monitor hooked to the VGA port.
Can you please turn on your G555 and tell me exactly what keys you hit and when to get into the configuration part of the bios, change the display option to something other than LCD ONLY or whatever the default is, save and exit?
This would mean the world to me!
Moderator note: moved post to its own thread. Edited subject to reflect content. Veiled profanity removed.
02-18-2013 12:25 PM
Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.
Here's a screenshot of the Lenovo G555 BIOS.
What you can try is to:
1. Press the power button and repeatedly tap F2 to get inside the BIOS.
2. From there, press the right arrow key once and press the down arrow key 9 times.
3. Power ON Display should now be highlighted. Press Enter key once and press the down arrow key once to select Auto-Selected display then press Enter.
4. Connect an external monitor via the VGA cable Press F10 to save and exit BIOS. Upon reboot, the display should automatically transfer to an external monitor.
5. If that doesn't work, press Fn+F3 to shift to an external display.
Hope this helps.
03-11-2014 05:22 AM
very similar situation, but i have a g550. i tried to follow the steps you listed for accessing the BIOS "blind" and using the arrow keys to access the display setting, but it seems to have made no difference.
is the g550 BIOS the same as the g555?