cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fiskusmati
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,565
Message 1 of 4

G560 BIOS - InsydeH2o executable file freezes. Also GPU issues. Please help me.

Hello everyone. My last topic dissapeared, I can't find it on forum.

I'm experiencing some problems with my laptop Lenovo G560 (3000). The reason I decided to flash my BIOS it's my laptop has problem with Graphics - I mean, my device manager is not detecting Integrated Graphics. nVidia Optimus is not working correctly when Integrated Graphics driver is not installed. 

The reason I'm writing here it is because I can't update my BIOS to newer version (or in future to install unlocked bios to control my VGA).

When I launch NIWEx215_X64.exe - it opens, but after miliseconds - freezes on Initialize. Time is not elapsing, I can't controll mouse cursor. Just completly hanged. After "hard" switching off, everything is okay. It is failing on initialize so my BIOS is not being damaged.

Is there any other option to flash my BIOS? Maybe there is an option to flash it not from windows?

I unpacked NIWEx215_X64.exe and noticed there is a file named NIWEx215.rom.

What I'm supposed to do?

My BIOS inside (rev 3.5):

My system:
Windows 7 Home Premium

1) My laptop had problem with graphics in the past. It was sent to Lenovo. They said they changed Motherboard.

2) My laptop also has problem with speakers. I mean they work for a few minutes but then they stop for a few seconds, and again work, ang again... After reinstalling drivers, system AND ALSO AFTER THE LENOVO CHANGED MOTHERBOARD problem is present. 

So I think it might be possible that they didn't change my Motherboard. They only entered advenced bios and change VGA card to nVidia - and Integrated Graphics became disabled since then.

/Sorry for my language and grammar mistakes - English is my second language./

Matthew.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,558
Message 2 of 4

Re: G560 BIOS - InsydeH2o executable file freezes. Also GPU issues. Please help me.

In regards to the BIOS upgrade, the BIOS update you downloaded from Lenovo is actually a version that is older than what is installed on your computer.  That may account for why it is not installing.

NIWEx215_X64.exe  is version 29CN38WW.  You have version 29CN40WW installed.

With all the other problems you are having did you ever do a One Key Recovery to restore the laptop back to a like new condition ?  If the laptop worked good when brand new a recovery might be a good way to fix the various problems you are having.  Downside is the recovery will erase your present operating system so you will have to backup any files you want to save and you will have to do the Windows Update that were released since the laptop was first purchased. 

Page #25 of your model's User Guide will explain how to do the One Key Recovery.  Also if you never used One Key Recovery to make a set of recovery disks, now maybe a good time.  The process will create about 2 DVDs that can be used to restore the computer in the event the hard drive is ever replaced.  The link below is for your model's User Guide.

http://download.lenovo.com/UserFiles/UserGuide/en/User%27s%20guides%20and%20manuals/G460-G560/G460&G...

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Fiskusmati
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,551
Message 3 of 4

Re: G560 BIOS - InsydeH2o executable file freezes. Also GPU issues. Please help me.

1) System recovery doesn't work. When I press it says "Windows is loading files", then goes the desktop background and command prompt with drive X:/ selected, and it is not moving forward (maybe gui menu has dissapeared only?)
2) Lenovo's hidden partition is present and it is not deleted.

3) Years ago I have done System Recovery using that One key recovery - but it didn't solved my speakers problem, etc...

4) As you know One Key Recovery is not flashing or even touching BIOS - I need to flash my BIOS.

5) Even if my BIOS is newer than downloaded BIOS - it should display me an error - not freeze.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,524
Message 4 of 4

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.  Hopefully someone who is better acquainted with your model will stop in and help.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors