cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 55,170

Question

I have a lenovo G560 that came with BIOS version 1.06. I upgraded the BIOS to version 2.15.

After updating the BIOS, I booted into the BIOS and it is displaying BIOS version 2.15 (29CN38WW). However, the EC version is still 1.06 (29EC18WW). How can I upgrade the EC version, too?

Answer

This fix is applicable for the following system

Lenovo G460/G560

IdeaPad Z460/Z560

If the BIOS is older than V2.03, you would first need to flash the BIOS to V2.03 before proceeding to a higher level version.(In order to update BIOS version to V2.03, you would need to contact your local service center to assist you with it. Read about it here

If you proceed straight to a higher level version without V2.03, you would get an error message such as the one below.

ScreenShot121.jpg

Lenovo strongly suggests rebooting the system before applying the BIOS update.

After BIOS V2.03 is updated then update the BIOS via link below.

G560 Drivers and Downloads

Once updated to BIOS V2.15. Boot into BIOS and checked if its the same as the one below.

Photo Mar 24, 9 33 36 AM.jpg

If BIOS Version is showing V2.15 whereas the EC is showing an older version, download the file from the support site and save the file in your hard disc and flash the system again.

Was this information helpful?

Comments
sysroot

Help me plase  Lenovo G505S (LA-A092P) EC dump 

sysroot

sysroot@inbox.ru   pls

nithinraj007

Its Helpfull.. thanks

okuogren

I desperately need this firmware but the link is already dead. Please PM me or share a link to this firmware to have BIOS + EC version the same. I am having problems related to overheating and fan speed. Lenovo Z560 have been serviced for termal paste and internal cleaning but the problem is persisting.

Untitled-1.jpg
MY EC is stuck to 29EC31WW 2.08 version.

So at least I need, a link to BIOS / 29CN31WW / NIWEx208_X64.exe for Lenovo z560.

I have tried 2.15 a couple of times but it doesn't change the EC to 2.15.

Hassan31

hello...

recelty I ordered Intel i5-540m processor to replace my old P6200 processor, so I'am a bit confuse regarding my BIOS version... My current version is 2.17 and I am not sure is there any latest update after 2.17 or this was the last one?