cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,208

Question

I would like to change the operating system of my Lenovo G560 laptop from Windows 7 to Windows XP.

The Windows XP installed normally and all are good except the audio driver given on support page does not work. I've searched around the internet and I could not find the driver. According toEverest, the driver is "Conexant Cx20585".

The error when installing the driver on this page is this:

Failure to install the driver: Could not find the device for this driver

Answer

You can try a few methods to ensure the audio is installed and can be used properly.

(A) Install Microsoft UAA Driver

That's listed as the Conexant Pebble High Definition Smart Audio.

Seeing as how it's HD sound, I think you'll need to load the Microsoft UAA driver first to get it running under XP.

(B) Install Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 

Go into Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and see if you have Microsoft Net.Framework 3.5.  If you don't have it, get it from Windows Update.  It might be in the optional updates.  

(C) Manually install audio driver

Download and execute the audio driver. The driver can be found here: http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/au/en/DriversDownLoads/Drivers_Show_3190.html

In Device Manager, if there is an unknown device expand the unknown device and open the driver tab and update the driver manually by pointing to the audio file you downloaded and extracted earlier.  

Note: Don't let Windows automatically install it.  Point the installer to the folder where the driver was downloaded to. 

(D) Check BIOS

Is there anything in the bios that has to do with audio that maybe might need to be turned on?

Was this information helpful?