cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GMoore
What's DOS?
Views: 429
Message 1 of 3

G560: How to activate the trial version of Microsoft Office?? Phone Support a Disaster

I bought my wife a Lenovo G3560 for Christmas.  In attempting to set up the computer, I was instructed to enter the product key from an enclosed card to activate the trial version of Microsoft Office.

There was no card.

On the first attempt to get phone help from Lenovo, I couldn't seem to get the person on the phone to understand I was trying to activate a trial version of Office. 

On the second attempt, my son (who is a bit more computer-savvy than I), phoned, and was told there is no trial version, we have to purchase a key for the full version from Microsoft.

On the third attempt, I requested a supervisor.  While I was on hold, I finally figured out that the information on the computer was wrong.  No card is needed -- the trial version opens after hitting Start, then "all programs" and then scrolling down to "Microsoft Office Starter."  Why this information was not provided is unclear.  Why clearly incorrect information was provided is utterly mysterious.

By the way, the Lenovo spell checker does not recognize the word "Lenovo."

This is my first day with a Lenovo product.  It does not auger well.

Moderator edit: subject added to subject line for clarity

digitaleagle
Punch Card
Views: 395
Message 2 of 3

Re: Phone Support a Disaster

Just as a suggestion - when your Office trial is up - check out www.openoffice.org 

They have a free Office Suite that is reallly very decent.  Best of all it is FREE! 

GMoore
What's DOS?
Views: 380
Message 3 of 3

Re: Phone Support a Disaster

Thanks very much for the excellent suggestion.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors