Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chand77333
What's DOS?
Views: 460
Message 1 of 3

G560 - Lenovo recovery discs

Hi, I have a G560 which hdd packed up, i need to load windows again and i dont have my recovery cd anymore and i can't get it online as the site says that my serial is not valid. can anyone assist me with this problem?

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Guru
Views: 419
Message 2 of 3

Re: G560 - Lenovo recovery discs

I'm guessing, you're trying to get recovery media from Lenovo's Windows Recovery Media Systems Program. AFAIK, only some of devices bought after 2014 are eligeable to receive recovery media. They usually had Windows 7 Pro installed and license for Windows 8 Pro/Windows 10 Pro in BIOS or just came with Windows 10 Pro pre-installed.

You may try to download a retial ISO from Microsoft website, however it seems, that OEM's keys aren't eligeable...

If you want G560's recovery, not retail ISO, then you'll need to contact local Lenovo and ask if they still have recovery media for your laptop to sell. 

------
SeniorGuru
Views: 408
Message 3 of 3

Re: G560 - Lenovo recovery discs

If you had windows 10 installed, you might be able to re-install from ISO as mentioned. When you get to the screen that asks for a "key" there is an option below the key fields that will ask you if you are reinstalling it.

If you see this, then try that option, it should install and use the key that it in the BIOS of the computer.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors