Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

G560 M272EIX - Open the interface for integrated wireless devices settings (on/off)

Hello, I have started using my new laptop G560 since 2 week with no problems.

Only I noticed to enable/disable WIFI card (or Bluetooth) I need to press fn+F5 and the choose with the mouse the option I want.

While I often would need to avoid using mouse, is there a way to enable/disable WIFI and Bluetooth only using the function keys and/or other keys on the keyboard avoiding using mouse or touchpad?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Regards

Alfatau

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: G560 M272EIX - Open the interface for integrated wireless devices settings (on/off)

you can activate wireless ( and bluetooth ) by pressing fn + f5, then you can switch on/off wireless button

( probably front side of your laptop )

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

Re: G560 M272EIX - Open the interface for integrated wireless devices settings (on/off)

Really thank you.

Now the WIFI problem is solved. Is there a way to manage only using keyboard Bluetooth too?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Regards

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

is there a way to manage only using keyboard bluetooth too?

what do you mean?

Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

I meant I would want to be able to turn on/off Bluetooth, using only keyboard and/or other special keys, and *not* using any pointing device. Is it possible?

Regards

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: G560 M272EIX - Open the interface for integrated wireless devices settings (on/off)[edited]

[ Edited ]

by pressing fn + f5, activate bluetooth, too.

then when you'll need it, just switch the button on ( the wireless button )

but it reduces your battery power ( not much but it does ), so i suggest you to activate when needed. ( when bluetooth radio is always on )

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

I'm not sure to have understood:

Pressing fn+F5 i can enable/disable WIFI and Bluetooth, but i must select an action (on/off) using a pointer device.

Pressing repeatedly fn+F5 nothing happens: it remains opened the graphical interface to control both WIFI and Bluetooth, but a pointer device is needed to interact with that UI.

Only i can turn on/off WIFI (and probably Bluetooth too) using the key in front of the notebook.

Mine isn't a battery life issue, but a PC sharing one with a blind brother. To independently work with the notebook he needs to completely avoid using a pointer device and work only with the keyboard.

I'm still looking for a way to selectively turn on/off Bluetooth device, but maybe i misunderstood the workaround you proposed me.

Thank you again for your attention

Regards

Alfatau

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This is the UI appearing when fn+F5 is pressed.

Arrow keys don't let to move on the on/off circle for controlling one of WIFI or Bluetooth.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9439473/UI.png

Thank you for your attention

Regards

Alfatau

image(s) >50k converted to link(s). 

Community Moderator
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

as i understood, you can't activate bluetooth, right?

are you sure you ordered g560 with bluetooth support?

Blue Screen Again
0 Kudos

No, i think you have misunderstood.

I can activate Bluetooth only using a pointing device but not strictly using the keyboard.

Using the key in front of the notebook, i can turn on/off *both* WIFI and Bluetooth, while i would need to control the devices separately.

For example i would want to turn on Bluetooth having WIFI off or keeping both on/off and so on.

I'm sorry for my bad english.

Thank you for your attention

Regards