Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catsmeow
Paper Tape
Views: 1,234
Message 1 of 3

G560 SATA 300 hard drive question

I expect to replace my G560 Laptop soon and would like to get a hard drive enclosure so that I can use my current hard drive as an external drive on a new laptop.  In shopping for SATA drive enclosures, I have a choice of 2.5" vs. 3.5" hard drive sizes.  Does anyone know which size applies to the Lenovo G560 drives?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,231
Message 2 of 3

Re: G560 SATA 300 hard drive question

Hello and welcome,

Your laptop drive is 2.5".  The 3.5" drives are a desktop size.

According to the 3wbook the drive is 9.5mm thick: Lenovo 3000 and Essetial Notebooks; 2006 to 2013 (withdrawn models)  Some newer drives are 7mm thick.  I'd expect an external enclosure to handle either thickness.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

catsmeow
Paper Tape
Views: 1,223
Message 3 of 3

Re: G560 SATA 300 hard drive question

Thanks so much for the fast reply.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors