Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aridia
Paper Tape
Views: 1,299
Message 1 of 5

G560 Sound issue

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with my sound. Sound will no longer come out of my speakers. If I plug in some earphones to the earphone jack all I hear is white noise with some high pitched whine/beeping, kinda like listening to morse code but with shorter gaps between the beeps I guess is one way to describe it.

If I go to playback devices the bar next to my speakers moves when I play music or cause a system sound, but nothing comes out of the speakers. I'm running Windows 7 64bit, and i've tried restarting the machine, disabling and reenabling my sound drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling my sound drivers.

Any help you could give me in resolving the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,283
Message 2 of 5

Re: G560 Sound issue

Hi Aridia,

Welcome to the Forums   

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with audio in your Lenovo G560 laptop.

Boot the system in safe mode and ceck for the issue, uninstall the audio driver and restart the machine and check only with windows generic driver.

Also check with different media player.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Aridia
Paper Tape
Views: 1,272
Message 3 of 5

So after having the buzzing/no sound for the rest of the day, I turned on my computer the next morning and the problem miraculously resolved itself. My sound is now working as it was before with no persistant buzzing. Hurray for random bugs right?

Anyway, thanks for your help regardless Smiley Happy

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,258
Message 4 of 5

Hi Aridia,

I am glad to know that your query has been answered. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Cheers!Smiley Happy

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

arkguy98
Paper Tape
Views: 1,042
Message 5 of 5

I have a G560 Lenovo laptop. I can hear sound by plugging in headphones. I cannot hear sound through the laptop speakers. Please provide suggestions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors