Did you mean: 
lobe29
Paper Tape
Views: 11,073
Message 1 of 4

G560 laptop won't boot. Start up Repair Cannot Repair this automatically

G'day

My laptop will not start anymore.

After trying pressing f8 for safe mode & also last known good configuration but does not boot up. The loading windows screen starts but doesnt go onto work.

I cant restore in to an earlier time either - that doesnt work. Says something about cannot extract Vidalia Bridge Bundle GUI4.dll file or something.

read all related topics & answers , but did not get a clue for registry error. startup repair window shows as follow (lenovo g560 /4gbram/ windows7 64).

I dont ever recall making a recovery partition on the disk. Its the model with the onekey recovery system i think - hence there is no windows instalation disk.

It goes into Start Up REpair - but this says it cannot repair this computer automatically etc :- heres what it says :-

problem event name: startup repair offline

problem signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385

problem signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385

problem signature 03: unknown

problem signature 04: 21200448

problem signature 05: AutoFailover

problem signature 06: 8

problem signature 07: corruptFile

os version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

locale id: 1033

Also, i can get into the System REcovery Options , where one can choose a recovery tool. The last one in Command Prompt, I cannot remember what to type in here to fix it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 10,999
Message 2 of 4

Re: G560 laptop won't boot. Start up Repair Cannot Repair this automatically

hi lobe29,

Try the following:

1. On the system recovery option's command prompt, type:

bootrec.exe  /fixmbr

bootrec.exe  /fixboot

bootrec /scanos

bootrec.exe  /rebuildbcd

2,. After typing the above commands, close command prompt and perform a startup repair (1 or 2 times) until you get a message "Startup repair didn't find any errors" then reboot the PC (Windows should now startup loading).

3. If the problem persist, you may need to do a Repair Install on the OS (follow step 8-22). To do this, you will need to burn a Windows 7 ISO whicn you can get here or here.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

lobe29
Paper Tape
Views: 10,983
Message 3 of 4

None of this works.

The links at the end of your post state a Windows 7 repair install cannot be done from safe mode or recovery mode.

Quote - "You cannot do a repair install at boot or in Safe Mode."

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 10,951
Message 4 of 4

hi lobe29,

Have you tried creating a bootable Windows 7 OS and doing a parallel OS install instead? (if you have Win7 Home Premium, download the Windows 7 Home from the site provider above and you can activate Windows using the product key at the back of the unit). Also, you can press the One Key Recovery button to restore the whole unit from factory.

Note:

Doing a parallel OS install or pressing the One Key Recovery button may wipe out important files on the PC.

Regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors