[G570]Fn button is not working

Helpful?
Click ►
Started ‎03-07-2012 by
Modified ‎06-24-2015 by
(15,600 Views)

[G570]Fn button is not working

Question

I have a Lenovo G570. I switched from windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit both of them) and I removed all the partitions. When I try to use the volume or brighness feature by pressing down the Fn key and the volume-up/down or the brightness, it wont work. I might have erased something I shouldn't have. How do I get my "Fn" key to work ?

Answer

To fix the issue, please install the following drivers:

1. The display driver available on lenovo consumer website.

If you have Intel display card then the version for the driver should be 8.15.10.2342

2. Lenovo Energy Management Software; this can be download from the below web link:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-g-series-laptops/lenovo-g570-no...

Tip:  A hotkey driver in the Lenovo Energy Management which will fix the Funtion keys

Comments
by mickey_211092 on ‎08-01-2013 04:33 AM

[Lenovo 3000 Y500]Fn key not working in my laptop which is used to enable Wi-Fi,bluetooth,adjust LCD brightness etc.

What is the solution?

by amit1213 on ‎09-06-2013 06:27 AM

i have downloded energy management but but there is nothing like hot key driver

by asadkhan92 on ‎11-22-2014 03:58 AM

Hello all

I am new here, looking for some help regarding my Lenovo G570.

Yesterday, it was working perfectly, I properly shut is down. I have set a BIOS pasword.

Today, when I switch it on, I was unable to type the pasword becasu some keys were not working. However, I managed to loged in with the help of On Screen Keyboard. After analysing it, I came to know that some keys on numpad includeing 0,2 and on the 2nd line(vertical numerical keys) 1,2,3,4,7,8,9,0 are not working. I tried to re-install the OS but I set a BIOS paswoed containing one of the missing keys.

Please let me know whether it is a software problem or should i take my laptop to some repairing shop?

Thanks Smiley Happy 

by arshamaa on ‎02-03-2015 05:46 AM

Hellloo everyone.. plz anyone help me out.. i have recently bought lenovo g50... but it has some keyboard problem. shift+2 should give @

but its givin   "  (inverted commas). and the place where inverted comas are there, giving @...

like this, many buttons are up and down.

how to rectify this? i bought it through online shopping in dubai..