Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 5 (4,621 Views)

G570 - Issue with Battery

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I bought a G570 in May 2011(9months old now), It was working great till last week. Last week its battery started showing the message Plugged, not charging though I had connected to the power supply. I had installed two OS (Windows and Linux) in Linux also its indicating battery is not charging. When I removed the battery and powered on  Laptop, it is working. So what could be the problem, is it battery?, If yes Can I get a replacement since it is only 9 months old? Please Advice!!

Battery type is L09S6Y02.

BIJU

Community Moderator
Message 2 of 5 (4,600 Views)

Re: G570 - Issue with Battery

hi bihun77
it seems the battery is dead but can you just try the suggestion below first? if it doesn't work, i believe you'll need to buy new one.

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Ideapad-Y560D-AC-Adapter-Battery-Proble...

Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 5 (4,590 Views)

Re: G570 - Issue with Battery-Solved!

I called the customer support and upon their instruction downloaded and installed Lenovo energy management system-energy star  and changed the battery mode to optimize for battery runtime.Now its charging perfectly. Wow what a relief!!

BIJU

Topics: 83
Kudos: 293
Solutions: 142
Message 4 of 5 (4,581 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi bijun77,

Glad that it works for you.

You can also refer to our Knowledgebase article for this issue. There are some methods you could try if such issue happens.

Knowledgebase article: Z570 - Plugged in but not charging status message

Cheers!

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español   Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
Message 5 of 5 (4,075 Views)

Hi Bijun77,

I also have a G570 Lenovo and am having a problem with the Lenovo Energy Management.  What version did you download and install?  I currently have version 6.0.1.5 and the version I found online was 6.0.1.2.  (This energy management is using 25%CPU when ever I switch user and I believe this is causing the battery to need charging very frequently.) 

I called Lenovo and they want to charge me - they say it is a software problem.  This laptop is 2 months old.

Sincerely, Libra

Top Kudoed Authors