Options

1 Posts

10-14-2012

USA

7 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 1 of 2

G570 Mini PCIe card compatibility questions (for bluetooth & wifi)

2012-10-14, 3:22 AM

Ok, so I recently bought a Lenovo g570 4334EGU (the versoin with the B950 processor) laptop. It doesn't have bluetooth, and i'm looking for a way to add it. I've found some mini (1/2) pcie cards that have wifi and bluetooth capability that I could potentially use to replace the current wifi card. However, I have no idea what cards the laptop is actually compatible with. At first I though that any mini pcie card would be compatible, but some of the ones I looked at said that they are specifically not compatible with certain brands.

Does anyone have a list of compatible cards? Is there something specific I should look for?

This is the one I was looking to buy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/190723655726 Does anyone know if it is compatible?

Thanks!

Options

7882 Posts

01-13-2008

US

76950 Signins

2166118 Page Views

• Views: 2166118
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: G570 Mini PCIe card compatibility questions (for bluetooth & wifi)

2012-10-14, 5:06 AM

Hello and welcome,

The card in that link specifically says not for Lenovo.

Lenovo laptops require cards that pass the BIOS whitelist test.  They have to be both the correct model (intel XYZ) AND have a Lenovo FRU number.  The FRU number indicates that they have been modified (subsystem ID, IIRC) to pass the whitelist.  Reliable vendors will list the FRU # as well as the card model.

The best reference is the Hardware Maintenance Manual for your machine, or the parts list PDF.  I can't access the support site at the moment to figure out which applies to the G570 and to get the actual list.  Hopefully tomorrow the site will be back up.

Sorry I can't provide any better information just now.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save