Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
cloudsmaker
Not applicable
Views: 2,952
Message 1 of 8

G570 - install Internet Explorer 10/11 (drivers for hybrid graphics systems)

Hi,

I recently discovered that I can't install Internet Explorer 10 and 11 on my Lenovo because it has hybrid graphics systems, which means that I have combination of AMD and Intel graphic cards. 

For more info see here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2823483

I was wondering if Lenovo has released any update that would enable me to install IE 10/11 on my computer that i'm not aware of?..

SEAlaa
Not applicable
Views: 2,884
Message 2 of 8

Re: G570 - install Internet Explorer 10/11 (drivers for hybrid graphics systems)

Dear Customer

Welcome in Lenovo Community 

Kindly be informed that IE is akind of the third party application that belongs to Microsoft , you only need to check the windows compatibilty with microsoft if it can be installed on the machine ,

Please let me know for any further clarification 

Thanks

Alaa

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

cloudsmaker
Not applicable
Views: 2,868
Message 3 of 8

Re: G570 - install Internet Explorer 10/11 (drivers for hybrid graphics systems)

No, it doesn't work that way in this situation. Please, check the sites I have provided you in the first post.
My laptop, Lenovo G570, is listed among others as problematic and it can't handle IE 10 and 11 because of the hybrid graphic cards and according to Microsoft support page there's no upgrade on that matter yet.
Of course, I tried installing it myself but it doesn't work. So now, everything kind of depends on Lenovo.

cloudsmaker
Not applicable
Views: 2,822
Message 4 of 8

[Bump]

The problem still persists. Is lenovo going to do anything about it?
To install Internet Explorer 10 and 11 the system needs KB2670838 update. But KB2670838 is problematic for Lenovo G570 among some others. The problem, is described here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2670838/en-us

"Important: Some computers that have a combination of Intel and AMD video cards in a hybrid configuration have drivers installed that are incompatible with this platform update." - exactly the case of Lenovo g570.
badmem
Not applicable
Views: 2,783
Message 5 of 8

@cloudsmaker wrote:
[Bump]

To install Internet Explorer 10 and 11 the system needs KB2670838 update. But KB2670838 is problematic for Lenovo G570 among some others. The problem, is described here:

"Important: Some computers that have a combination of Intel and AMD video cards in a hybrid configuration have drivers installed that are incompatible with this platform update." - exactly the case of Lenovo g570.

There was a post in this forum reporting this problem in September last year. There are complaints on Microsoft forums about the Windows update causing problems at least that long ago.

So after more than 6 months neither Microsoft, ATI or Lenovo have not fixed this problem. So the only solution is not to install IE 10 or 11.

I don't use IE so having an old version doesn't bother me, but if I haven't installed the latest updates is my PC vulnerable? At the moment I have the choice of installing the latest Windows updates and have my notebook BSOD frequently, or not to update IE 9 and leave my OS vulnerable.

Any notebook that uses this switchable graphics hardware must have the problem, not just Lenovo products. How can we get a soultion to this?

cloudsmaker
Not applicable
Views: 2,742
Message 6 of 8

I myself don't use IE either, but I often need to test websites that I'm developing on different browsers, so this is very important for my to have these newer versions.

I'm afraid that only ATI can provide us with an actual solution, but they seem to have abandoned supporting this graphic card.

Frustrated2
Not applicable
Views: 1,649
Message 7 of 8

I have this problem too.

When I bought my G570 laptop I expected it to be compatible with Microsoft updates.

I definitely will not buy a lenovo product again.

CBHedricks
Not applicable
Views: 1,629
Message 8 of 8

@badmem wrote:

@cloudsmaker wrote:
[Bump]

"Important: Some computers that have a combination of Intel andAMD video cards in a hybrid configuration have drivers installed that are incompatible with this platform update." - exactly the case ofLenovog570.

There was a post in this forum reporting this problem in September last year. There are complaints on Microsoft forums about the Windows update causing problems at least that long ago.

So after more than 6 months neither Microsoft, ATI or Lenovo have not fixed this problem. So the only solution is not to install IE 10 or 11.

I don't use IE so having an old version doesn't bother me, but if I haven't installed the latest updates is my PC vulnerable? At the moment I have the choice of installing the latest Windows updates and have my notebook BSOD frequently, or not to update IE 9 and leave my OS vulnerable.

Any notebook that uses this switchable graphics hardware must have the problem, not just Lenovo products. How can we get a soultion to this?

You are correct, this is an IE issue not necessarily a hardware problem.  Intel, AMD,  nVidia as hardware manufactures are not responsible for the coding in IE, they supply specifications to Microsoft and code drivers to support their own hardware.  The fact that Intel HD Graphics can even "talk" to AMD and nVidia means that Intel is working hard to support BOTH manufactures.  The interlinked Intel and AMD or nVidia graphics being unsupported or problematic for IE is a Microsoft issue, not Lenovo, HP or other "computer manufacture" issue.  Bringing heat to Microsoft to fix IE is the proper response.

The fact that Microsoft has issued hotfixes indicates they are working on it, but it may be yet another page in the IE book of flaws that we have to put up with.   I use Adobe Dreamweaver for my website, and it too likes to "field test" for browser support.  I have found that coding for HTML / JAVA strict works best and can be used on all version of browsers currently on the market.

Good luck.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors