Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
longflight
Fanfold Paper
Views: 609
Message 1 of 3

G575 - remove white list

Hi, im looking to unlock the BOIS ,instaled bois version 41CN26WW(V2.02) in my Lenovo G575 4383 laptop 64 bit, as i am trying to remove the white list so I can change my WIFI adapter

Thanks

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

SeniorGuru
Views: 561
Message 2 of 3

Re: G575 - remove white list

@longflight wrote:

Hi, im looking to unlock the BOIS ,instaled bois version 41CN26WW(V2.02) in my Lenovo G575 4383 laptop 64 bit, as i am trying to remove the white list so I can change my WIFI adapter

Thanks

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

The "whitelist" you are asking to remove or edit is in place for a good reason.  It ensures the parts available to the system are compatible, supported by lenovo, and assured to work with your system.  Editing that whitelist is not authorized by Lenovo, and will void the warranty, additionally there are no resources or help in your efforts to do so on this site.

There is a larger than average chance your system will be "bricked" by any attempts to modify the BIOS file regardless, no matter who "works on it" for you.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
longflight
Fanfold Paper
Views: 555
Message 3 of 3

Re: G575 - remove white list

Thanks for reply, after reading your message i will keep away from a bois route, would using a usb wifi be a no go as well if white listed.

thanks.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors