Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-08-2013

Bahrain

4 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 1 of 2

G580 20150 what's actual dedicated video memory?

2013-11-08, 7:47 AM

I am confused about my dedicated video memory. I was told by the salesman that I got 1 GB dedicated video memory to play high end graphic games. What I could find is only 32 MB dedicated video memory in the system and 1024 MB in Geforce. So please help me. Will I get performance of 1 GB dedicated video memory performance?

Also got a query regarding the LSC's error message regarding Device Manager alert. I could not find any error in the device manager.

Options

73 Posts

08-28-2013

London

218 Signins

1925 Page Views

• Views: 1925
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: G580 20150 what's actual dedicated video memory?

2013-11-08, 14:24 PM

Hi ismailpm.

The 32mb of video ram is whats built into the dedicated GPU on the morherboards CPU.

The ram you have installed will also be used by the processor to keep your system running smoothly.

The Geforce however is a discreet Graphics card connected via PCE-E on the motherboard, Your Geforce has 1GB which equals 1024 mb of dedicated ram used for graphics intensive programes.

The idea is that if you are playing a game that requires more power your Geforce should overide the onboard graphics to provide the extra power needed.

As for LSC, Make sure you have the latest version 2.3.002, Once installed re-run hardware scan, That should fix any Driver missing issues.

Hope that helps!

And welcome to the forum.

Catt

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms