Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-27-2013

Manchester, United Kingdom

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

G580 Battery Question

2013-05-27, 9:50 AM

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for this.  I bought a G580 (running Windows 8) over the weekend.  Everything booted up fine etc and all seems to be working.

I started up the Lenovo Solutions Centre, mainly because it kept flashing at me, only to be told that the battery in my brand new machine is in poor condition and giving me this info...

"Main battery: The warranty date shown above applies only to the original battery that was shipped with your system. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to confirm whether the battery currently in your system is the original."

I have to be honest, I'm a bit baffled.  It's brand new, out of the box.  How can there possibly be any problems with it?

I then went into the Energy Centre but the minute I change any of the options for the battery my laptop shuts itself down.  I have also since noticed that when plugged in the battery indicated says, "92% available, plugged in, not charging".  However, when I unplug the laptop from the mains it shuts itself down and won't start up again until it has been plugged back in.

Any help, info, solutions would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Options

488 Posts

11-18-2012

Egypt

329 Signins

5740 Page Views

• Views: 5740
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: G580 Battery Question

2013-05-27, 15:25 PM

Hi SarahBear,

Welcome and Thanks for posting in the Lenovo Community,

I’d like to help you with the issue that you’re facing and please uninstall Lenovo Energy management the version which is install on your machine and then please restart the system and reinstall it back from the below link:

Lenovo Energy Management for Microsoft Windows 8

Lenovo Energy Management for Microsoft Windows 7

Hope the information helps. Let us know.

Regards

Soha

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

05-27-2013

Manchester, United Kingdom

2 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-05-27, 16:21 PM

Thanks for reply, but that hasn't made any difference whatsoever.  I guess I will be calling the tecnical support line in the morning!

Options

488 Posts

11-18-2012

Egypt

329 Signins

5740 Page Views

• Views: 5740
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-05-28, 6:28 AM

Hi SarahBear,

Welcome and Thanks for posting in the Lenovo Community,

Am sorry to hear that you’re still facing the same problem and I’d like to provde you with the contact details for the service support:

United Kingdom

IDEA-branded and
  B, C, E, G, H, K, N, Q, V, Y Series Products

0844-249-1112
  (5 pm from BT landlines)

9AM - 6PM
  Monday - Friday

Thanks and Best Regards,

Soha

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms