Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2402 Posts

11-07-2014

United States of America

1538 Signins

24246 Page Views

• Views: 24246
  • Message 81 of 84

Re: [G580] Battery plugged in, not charging!

2018-03-17, 14:47 PM

wrote:

I tried the solution but nothing worked for me.

Which solution?

Depending on the age of the battery (check the dates on the battery) it could be that it has reached the end of its lifespan, or has defective cells.  LiON batterys contain imbedded electronics that monitor for unsafe conditions, rate of charge, rate of discharge and the health of the battery overall.  If the controller board in the battery goes bad, it can act like a dead battery as well.

You can use Lenovo Tools to reset the battery, and if that fails take the battery to a local shop (Interstate Batteries) and have them test it out for you.  If your computer is under warranty, contact Lenovo Support by phone and have them send out a new battery.  If your battery tests out OK, see if the AC adapter is putting out the proper voltages and replace if neccessary.

Those are some of the obvious tests I run here in my shop.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Options

2 Posts

03-17-2018

United States of America

12 Signins

141 Page Views

• Views: 141
  • Message 82 of 84

2018-03-17, 21:04 PM

My laptop will not charge past 49%.  Shows plugged in and charging but the charging indicator stops after 30 seconds when I unplug and plug back in charger.  Toughts anyone?

Options

4 Posts

03-19-2019

United States of America

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 83 of 84

2019-11-14, 8:46 AM

You may have the charging issue on your laptop due to the incorrect emails problem. 

• Let's check the power adapter. 
  • Reinstall the battery once , and then turn on your laptop. 

You should also check the charging socket. most of the time, lenovo laptop won't charge due to the short circuit. 

Options

2 Posts

04-18-2020

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 10
  • Message 84 of 84

Re:[G580] Battery plugged in, not charging!

2020-04-25, 0:30 AM

I am currently having the same issue. I have had my laptop thinkpad for 2 years now. The charger began to make a squeaking noise whenever plugged in so I researched online and was advised to purchase a new adapter charger. I tried the new one and it now says "plugged in, not charging" and the old charger says the same. I have tried different sockets but no use. The solutions on here are too outdated for my Windows 10.

Any current solution??

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms