cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AcctngAtLAFund
What's DOS?
Views: 31,040
Message 11 of 71

Re: [G580] Battery plugged in, not charging!

My Lenovo G580 is a few weeks old and I just had this problem for the firs time. As suggested, I opened the energy management and changed the battery life setting. At first that didn't work, so I tried unplugging and plugging the power cord. I had tried that before and it didn't work, but when I changed the battery setting AND unplugged and replugged, then my battery starting charging!

Thanks everyone for the help.

Rick

jemgaleon
Paper Tape
Views: 30,918
Message 12 of 71

Thank you! I tried uninstalling the Energy Management and it seems to be working just fine now. The battery is charging right now. Smiley Wink

SreeKrishna
Punch Card
Views: 30,708
Message 13 of 71

I've got a Lenovo g580 and its specs are intel i5 3rd gen, windows 8, 8gb ram, Intel hd 4000 graphics. I recently had the dc port replaced by the Lenovo Depot Center. The battery indicator has been working fine till 2 hours ago. It says plugged in not charging. I tried unplugging the battery and ac, then setting them back again. It didn't work. The battery level is not decreasing also. It seems like the laptop isn't displaying correctly. The laptop is able to turn on with just AC power.

Moderator Note; subject edited; post merged in.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 30,676
Message 14 of 71

hi SreeKrishna,

In addition to the previous posts on how to solve the battery plugged-in not charging issue, is your battery getting stucked at 59%?  If it is, can you try to:

1. Open the Lenovo Energy Management app on the notification area

2.On the battery settings, if it's set to Optimized Battery Health, can you change it to Maximum Battery Life

3. Reboot the PC and observe

- Link to picture

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

SreeKrishna
Punch Card
Views: 30,659
Message 15 of 71

It has always been on Maximum battery life. It is stuck at 98%. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling energy management also.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 30,647
Message 16 of 71

hi SreeKrishna,

Can you try to drain the battery (i.e. until 10%) then try to charge the battery again.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

SreeKrishna
Punch Card
Views: 30,628
Message 17 of 71

I didn't drain the battery but after switching  the outlet and letting the laptop go to sleep for a few hours it seems to be displaying correctly now.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 30,596
Message 18 of 71

hi SreeKrishna,

Thanks for posting back. Glad to know it's working now but do continue to monitor the battery.

Regards

algregvalmocena
What's DOS?
Views: 30,588
Message 19 of 71

I had that problem, then gone by my Lenovo Energy Management Settings. I think you should change from "Optimized Battery Health" to "Maximum Battery Life". Hope this should help you guys. Smiley Happy or maybe try the other setting. From "Maximum Battery Life" to "Optimized Battery Health". Smiley Very Happy

SreeKrishna
Punch Card
Views: 30,567
Message 20 of 71

Lenovo g series have too many wifi, charging and sound issues.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors