cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 5,514
Message 61 of 71

Re: [G580] Battery plugged in, not charging!

Welcome to the Lenovo Community msfuchs !

In Windows 10, the Conservation Mode feature is now included with the Lenovo Settings apps.  If you do not have Lenovo Settings installed then you can get it at the Windows Store.

In Lenovo Settings there will be a battery icon on the left.  Click on that.  A new screen will then open on the right.  Scroll down to about the middle of the page and you will see the Conservation Mode option.  Turn it Off to begin charging to 100%.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

srgrad
What's DOS?
Views: 4,547
Message 62 of 71

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!  My computer sat in the shop all day today and the only solution they could figure was "you need a new battery".  I did what you suggested and VIOLA!!!  It worked!

darrylalagdon
What's DOS?
Views: 4,196
Message 63 of 71

I have followed your intructions, but now I'm stuck in the "Choose your keyboard layout" option. The keyboard and mouse won't work this time.

I need solutions, if anyone know how to solve this, please reply immedietly.

qammari143
What's DOS?
Views: 3,137
Message 64 of 71

If your laptop is plugged in but not charging, these steps can help you troubleshoot.

1.Unplug for a few minutes, then try a different outlet.

Unplug the laptop, wait a few minutes, then plug it into an outlet in a different room. Some users report that a laptop power adapter can temporarily stop working to protect itself from a perceived issue with the power supply.

View More

http://www.ithemesforests.com/laptop-plugged-in-but-not-charging/

dedunn
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,547
Message 65 of 71

I know this is an old thread, but I thought my experience might help someone out.  I have a Thinkpad P50 with Window 10 Pro.  I had this problem and after much frustration found that if the computer gets put in Airplane mode, it changes the power settings to  one that will not charge the laptop.  All you need to do is right-click the Start button, go to Power Options, then Additional Power Settings and select the Balanced setting instead of the Airplane setting.  Immediately the battery will start charging.

It does not matter if you turn the Airplane mode off in the wireless area, the Power Setting will stay in Airplane mode.

Cheers,

Dave

Ernie18D
What's DOS?
Views: 1,565
Message 66 of 71

Hi,

I have the same problem with a new machine I just received, Lenovo ThinkPad T430. It's running Windows 10 so I have not tried your suggestions. Can you please provide the steps to fix this issue with a Windows 10 OS.

Thank you

dedunn
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,534
Message 67 of 71

It should not matter what version of Windows 10 you have, the instructions I posted above should work.  It was Windows 10 that those instructions work for.

Ernie18D
What's DOS?
Views: 1,528
Message 68 of 71

Thanks everyone. Seems that they shipped me the incorrect adapter. I have contacted the company who agrees and will ship me the correct adapter. Thanks again. 

hzq
What's DOS?
Views: 1,143
Message 69 of 71

I tried the solution but nothing worked for me.

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,108
Message 70 of 71

@hzq wrote:

I tried the solution but nothing worked for me.

Which solution?

Depending on the age of the battery (check the dates on the battery) it could be that it has reached the end of its lifespan, or has defective cells.  LiON batterys contain imbedded electronics that monitor for unsafe conditions, rate of charge, rate of discharge and the health of the battery overall.  If the controller board in the battery goes bad, it can act like a dead battery as well.

You can use Lenovo Tools to reset the battery, and if that fails take the battery to a local shop (Interstate Batteries) and have them test it out for you.  If your computer is under warranty, contact Lenovo Support by phone and have them send out a new battery.  If your battery tests out OK, see if the AC adapter is putting out the proper voltages and replace if neccessary.

Those are some of the obvious tests I run here in my shop.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors