czer27
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,139
Message 1 of 8

G580 FreeDOS came with 3 partitions

My new G580 FreeDOS came with the following partitions:

1. Local Volume 29,30GB MBR FAT32

2. Local Volume 29,30GB MBR NTFS

3. Lenovo Part 1,083GB MBR NTFS (on the end of the HDD)

I think, the Lenovo partition I need for the OneKeyRecovery. But the first and the second volume are for FreeDOS?

When I want to install Windows 7 and Windows 8, can I remove this partitions?

shauni
Punch Card
Views: 3,113
Message 2 of 8

Re: G580 FreeDOS came with 3 partitions

Mine was the same. I went ahead and deleted the two small partitions, which gave me a single huge partition and I installed Windows 8 on that. So basically to answer your question, yes, you can delete them.

czer27
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,095
Message 3 of 8

@shauni

Many thanks for your reply!

Do you know, the both 29,3GB partittons are for FreeDOS or for Lenovo recovery?

To install Windows 8  on this place is a good idea. I tried to install Windows 8 on the free space in the middle of the hdd, but this is not going. It seems, Windows 8 needs the place in front of the hdd.

At this time I have installed only Windows 7x64 after the both 29,3GB partitions. I tried to start OneKeyRecovery, but I get the message " the program doesn´support this OS". Is OneKeyRecovery only for a 32bit Windows? I´m not amused about this! Then I can forget it and remove all old partitions on the G580.

shauni
Punch Card
Views: 3,064
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

I don't think OKR makes any sense for people who purchased the FreeDos version because you are installing the system yourself. Therefore I would delete the partitions or set-up your partition tables to suit your needs and forget about OKR.

czer27
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,040
Message 5 of 8

Okay, I will do so!

kihotes
Punch Card
Views: 2,564
Message 6 of 8

Hi, my new U510 comes with the same partitions. My plan is to delete them all and recreate new partitions to my preference. The only thing I'm doubtful about is the Lenovo partition at the end. Half of it is used, so I was thinking if it holds One Key Recovery only or something else also. How can I view the content of this hidden partition, has anyone tried?

shauni
Punch Card
Views: 2,549
Message 7 of 8

You could use a Linux CD/DVD to inspect the partitions. Ubuntu would do it. Just boot into the Ubuntu desktop on the CD (not installed on the hard drive) and you will be able to browse the hard drive via the file manager.

Sergiykovych
Punch Card
Views: 2,115
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

Lenovo partition at the end of hdd 1.083GB contains OneKey Rescue system, laptop will boot from this partition in case press Novo button(beside power button) instead of common power button.

I have same partition on G780 laptop (comming with DOS) . 

Still pending my question on forum how can be usefull to use OneKey Recovey system from 1.083GB Lenovo partition.

I had deleted first two partitions and installed Windows 7 x64 ~1.5 years ago, now think about Windows 8 installation and would like to use somehow Recovery features of OneKey Rescue system like it done for laptops with preinstalled Windows systems. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors