cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yfaruk34
What's DOS?
Views: 367
Message 1 of 4

G580 - How do I download Recovery Drivers Files?

I did recovery my G580 notebook last week. When i check "Computer Folder" i saw that "Local Disk D" (Lenovo Recovery Drivers Folders and OneKey recovery folder.)  is empty. Where from can i download this folders and files?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

SeniorGuru
Views: 353
Message 2 of 4

Re: How do I download Recovery Drivers Files?

Those are hidden files, not usually viewable from within Windows OS.   If the recovery worked then they are in place, just not viewable - as they should be.

Do not write over or use that drive for anything or you can cause issues with future recovery efforts.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
yfaruk34
What's DOS?
Views: 342
Message 3 of 4

I see. So thank you. When i search informations i have learnt those are hidden in Windows OS (in Local Disk C)

I  mean that Lenovo Disk (D: ) is empty. Lenovo and Drivers folders had been deleted. i didnt delete them. But Recovery is working. Check it ; http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o629/farukyavuz/Adsz.png

SeniorGuru
Views: 321
Message 4 of 4

The files located in the directory are not viewable, may show as hidden or system files.  The partition is not empty, but will show as empty from within windows in the application you are using.

If your recovery worked, it had to do so from those files.  If you need recovery files (DVD's) you can try and create them from within the Lenovo Recovery Application, by pressing the Lenovo Key.  If it works, then you know the files are there and you just made backup copies of them.

if it does not work or fails to create recovery disks you will need to contact Lenovo Support by phone to order replacements.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors