Paper Tape
Views: 1,208
Message 1 of 3

G580 Restarting again and again

Hi,

I am using G580 laptop.

This is Restarting again and again.

1) Switch on will take 5 min

2) Home screen will open & after 1 min will restart again (I can able to do all activities in that 1 min)

3) Will restart again

Kindly suggest solution for this.

Note: I tried below option but no use.

"Remove the AC adapter and the battery then hold Down the power button for 10sec. Reconnect the AC and the battery, and turn on the system together with tapping the F2 key. You should arrive in a BIOS setup page, Hit F9 to load default then press Enter, Now hit F10 to Save and Exit then enter again to confirm"

"F8 option not working to run safe mode" 

Bhanu.

[Edited to protect member's privacy.]

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,179
Message 2 of 3

Re: G580 Restarting again and again

Power off the notebook, then use the small lenovo button to the right of the power button to turn on the notebook.  This should allow you to enter BIOS and run diagnostics. 

From the sounds of it you may have issues with the HDD or windows OS.  You can use the Windows DVD to launch start up repair, or use Live DVD from Linux OS to check the HDD for errors.  If the Linux DVD loads and runs correctly then it may indicate that the HDD needs to be replaced.

This will require you to reload your OS and your files, Use Linux DVD to move your important files (photos and such) from the HDD to USB drive if you can see them.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
bhanu_soft7
Paper Tape
Views: 948
Message 3 of 3

Re: G580 Restarting again and again

Thanks for suggestion.

I went to Lenovo service center, they told system corrupted and told all data will go.

they are not taking responsiblity and want to be in safe side.

They told OS not our scope, office not our scope like sevaral things.

To diagnoise the problem they asked Rs 700 INR (10 USD).

I came back and shown to small serivce center.

He checked and told fan not working, no other issue.

Fan changed, now working fine.

He charged 1000 INR, over all.

Now Happy.

Lenovo service centers are not good, they are not techincally fit.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors