Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

22 Posts

05-26-2013

Glendale, AZ

28 Signins

213 Page Views

• Views: 213
  • Message 1 of 2

G580 VERY bad warranty service experience

2014-06-18, 16:27 PM

Had I known what kind of service I'd be getting from Lenovo warranty service I'd not have purchased the extended ADP warranty.

Bezel broke on my G580.  I have the satin black G580.  Sent it in for repairs under the warranty service.

Took FOREVER.

After multiple calls and dealing with the frustration of trying to speak with a person I finally found out the problem was the parts were back ordered.  Okay, I can wait.

Wait wait wait......

Called again.

"We're so sorry.  There is no reason it should take this long.  We'll get on it right away."

And they did.

Laptop back in a week from the second call.

They replaced the entire lid and bezel with the WRONG lid and bezel.  I now have half a laptop which is satin black, half a laptop that is SHINY BLACK.

Screws missing on bottom of laptop too.  They didn't even put all the screws back in.

I'm waiting for the f/u "We wanted to check with you call" call because I do not want to wade through the phone tree, email contact attempts.  But if no call in a week I'm will do so.

They obviously did not get the right parts but instead used parts from a different G580 model number to repair mine.

Someone had to okay doing so.  Some manager in warranty repairs gave the repairs using the wrong parts the green light.  This was not a decision made by the repair tech.

That manager did not call me and review my options, nothing.  That's a manager in my book that needs to be fired IF Lenovo is really serious about customer satisfaction.

I'm thinking the manager won't even hear about it however.

Options

22 Posts

05-26-2013

Glendale, AZ

28 Signins

213 Page Views

• Views: 213
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: G580 VERY bad warranty service experience

2014-06-24, 19:11 PM

Well got my post repair customer service satisfaction survey.  We'll see how Lenovo responds.  They owe me the laptop I purchased, a STATIN laptop, not a half satin have shiny black laptop.  Totally unsatisfactory.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms